35

Elijah went to Elena's room after making sure Alaric could not leave the guest room he was put in and Damon was trapped in the basement.

"Hello! I'm sorry to disturb you but I wanted to check up on you."

"I'm fine." Elena lied.

"You are lying. You could be the best liar in the world and I'd still know that was a lie. Today was full of emotions and... You clearly are not fine." Elijah whispered.

"Can you close the door? I don't want people to... You know..." Elena whispered so Elijah closed the door, giving them privacy to talk about whatever they wanted.

"You can talk to me..."

"I know... thank you." Elena whispered with a small smile. "Here's the thing. I am mad at Ric and Damon for putting Caroline's life in danger... but I weirdly understand what they were doing."

"Would you care to elaborate?"

"What I mean is... What they did was wrong. But I know they only did that because they wanted to help me and they think Caroline is being compelled which I know she isn't... I just... I can't help but have mixed feelings about all this." Elena whispered.

"It's alright." Elijah whispered, because he knew very well what was like to have mixed feelings, especially when it was about something someone close to them did.

"I know they tried to ruin Klaus's plans... But can you please convince Klaus to not hurt them. They did the wrong thing. They made a mistake. We all make mistakes."

"I'll try my best, Elena." Elijah whispered and gave a peck on her forehead, then left the room.

" Elijah whispered and gave a peck on her forehead, then left the room

*Meanwhile*

Stefan went to the kitchen after argue with Damon about the dumb thing he did, finding Rebekah drinking a blood bag.

"Still up?" Rebekah asked.

"Yeah... I couldn't sleep, knowing what a jerk my brother can be. I get that they hate this pact but... there's other ways to solve things out."

"There might be but my brother only understands violence." Rebekah whispered.

"Do you think he is going to...?" Stefan asked, not even wanting to think about Damon dying because of his dumb mistake.

"I don't know. I can talk to him but it's Nik. He goes against us all the time." Rebekah whispered.

"I'm just... worried. My brother might be a dick but I love him. We only have each other." Stefan whispered and Rebekah hugged him, trying to comfort him.

" Stefan whispered and Rebekah hugged him, trying to comfort him