11

When everyone went to their respective bedrooms to go to sleep, Klaus went to Caroline's bedroom, seeing her with a top and small shorts.

"Klaus? What are you doing here?"

"Today you let your emotions take the best of you and to make sure there won't be any incidents, I will stay the night in here. In case something happens, I'll be able to take over the situation and try to calm you down."

"I can take care of myself, Klaus."

"I have no doubt about that but I think I should stay the night here. Don't worry. Nobody knows and I will stay seating in this armchair, with my notebook and maybe I'll read one of these books you have." Klaus said.

" Klaus said

"Fine." Caroline said, not very happy and Klaus smirked and sat on his armchair while Caroline lay down and got under the covers.

"Good night, love."

"Whatever." Caroline said because she hated to feel like she was being controlled by someone.

After awhile, Caroline couldn't fall asleep with Klaus on the armchair, because she felt bad for him being uncomfortable all night.

"Klaus..." she whispered, making Klaus stop drawing and quickly look at her.

"Yes, Love?"

"Sleep in the bed. It's big enough for the both of us." Caroline whispered.

"As you wish." Klaus whispered and got under the covers with Caroline.

"Why are you so concern if it happens again? If it happened, I would lock myself in the basement to not hurt anyone." Caroline whispered.

"Because part of the pact we made was to assure your safety. And you shouldn't be alone when you have these issues." Klaus whispered.

"I know. But that usually doesn't happen. I just started to think about people I care about getting hurt and..." Caroline whispered and cut herself off by taking a deep breath.

"It's okay. I won't let anything happen to you, love."

"It's not me I am worried about. It's my friends. My mom... I don't want them to get hurt." Caroline whispered and started to feel her feeling starting to boil inside her.

"Take deep breaths love." He whispered as he caresses her waist, under her top, letting him feel her soft skin.

"I can't let my friends get hurt. Bonnie and Stefan are here because of me..." Caroline whispered, starting to feel overwhelmed by her emotions.

"Just take deep breaths, love." Klaus whispered.

"I can't." Caroline whispered in despair. "I can't stop thinking about Elena, who I promised I would protect, the hybrids I convinced breaking the sire bond and now are counting on me to do the right thing, Bonnie, who is always sacrificing herself, Stefan... and then there's my mom in Mystic Falls and I can't protect her because I'm here. Damon stayed there to make sure she was okay, but I still left her and..."