43

It was the first night in the French Quarter and even if the fight was over, they knew the war was still going.

Klaus made Caroline stay in his room with the excuse of her being hurt from the fight.

"I'm fine, Klaus... I don't need you to babysit me." Caroline said.

"I'm not babysitting

"I'm not babysitting. I'm simply making sure my first successful hybrid is alright." Klaus whispered and gave a peck on her cheek.

"You should be careful, someone might hear you and it will be the end of the reputation of the big bad wolf." Caroline whispered, making Klaus smirk.

Klaus started to kiss her shoulder and she started to kiss his neck, feeling the blood running through his veins and without knowing, she bite him, making him groan in pleasure.

"That's it, love. Drink..." Klaus whispered and she kept drinking his blood, feeling euphoric.

"Your blood is so delicious..." Caroline whispered.

"Drink as much as you want, love." Klaus whispered but Caroline stopped drinking.

"No. We talked about this. We can't do this... This is too personal." Caroline whispered, not understanding why she had difficulty in controlling herself around Klaus.

"Why do you keep doing this? I enjoy this and I can feel that you enjoy it too." Klaus whispered to her lips, which look more and more tempting to him.

" Klaus whispered to her lips, which look more and more tempting to him

"This is wrong. We talked about this before." Caroline whispered, trying to be rational.

"Alright. I won't insist." Klaus whispered because he could feel that Caroline was feeling uneasy with what they were doing and he wanted to be with Caroline when she felt truly ready to be with him.

***

Rebekah was drinking bourbon when Stefan appeared.

"Hey! Is everything alright?"

"Everything is great. I just have to live in this place full of memories that I want to forget. I have to get along with people I thought I would never see again and who clearly want to destroy my family. But besides that, everything is just dandy." Rebekah said drinking another shot of bourbon.