5

Klaus told Elijah and Caroline about the information he got from the witch because he saw them as the ones who could help him the most with this plan, and also because he trusted them the most.

Caroline quickly informed Bonnie, so she wouldn't make any spells until they found a safe place for her to practice magic and Stefan, so he would be aware that most vampires don't have daylight rings.

***

A few days later, Klaus took Caroline for a walk around New Orleans but Caroline knew there was more than he let it know and she wasn't going to give up until he would tell her.

"Fine. I need you to come with me because I'm going to spy Marcel and see if I found something more about how he rules this city and who he cares about." Klaus whispered.

"And why do you need me?" Caroline asked confused.

"Because you'll be my cover."

"What?"

"People tend to ignore when a couple is being very affectionate." Klaus smirked.

"What? I am okay with helping you but I'm not going to be all lovey-dovey around you."

"Love

"Love... PDA is the best way for people to not notice us. That's the brilliance of PDA. I am not asking someone else to do this because I don't trust them. I trust you enough to listen to what I will listen and know the same information I know. You said you would be loyal to me."

"Ugh... Fine!" Caroline said.

"Great. He is in this bar. Everyone needs to think we are a couple when we get in." Klaus said.

"Fine. Let's get this over with." Caroline rolled her eyes and when he opened the door, he noticed how Caroline wrapped her arms around his neck, smiling to him and playing with his curly hair.

"He knows me too well, love." Klaus whispered. "He is the one singing. I need you to tell me what he is doing. Don't be too obvious."

Once Marcel was done singing, Caroline was pressed against the wall, having Klaus kissing her neck, which she felt it was weirdly good, but she blamed her vampire side making her horny most of the time.

"He just walked over to two guys." She whispered as Klaus kissed her, then she whispered. "They have daylight rings."

"They are close to him then

"They are close to him then." Klaus whispered and then Caroline started to kiss Klaus's neck as they listened to Marcel talking about how at night it's feeding night.

"Tonight we have a date, love." He whispered with a smirk and started to kiss her jawline.

"He seems very friendly to the bartender... She doesn't have any daylight ring... I think she's human." Caroline whispered, making Klaus look in her eyes.

"Human?" He whispered, she nodded and then noticed Marcel's friends were about to look at her and Klaus so she kissed Klaus.

"Let's go back to bed, babe..." Caroline whispered and kissed Klaus again, then took him out of the bar.

"That was quite the kiss, love." Klaus smirked, enjoying even more kissing Caroline than he expected.

"It had to be done. Marcel's friends were about to look at us. Maybe they heard you say human and thought it was weird."

"They will think it was something else. One of the perks of being a hybrid is that we don't need daylight rings to walk on the daylight. Meaning we can make them think we are human." Klaus smirked.

"Whatever. So what are you planning on doing tonight?" Caroline asked.

"Not much. We are going out and see what he means by feeding night." Klaus said with a smirk.

"Wait. Does this mean that I am now the girl you make out and use as cover to spy Marcel? Can't you just flirt with some girl and do that?" Caroline asked.

 Does this mean that I am now the girl you make out and use as cover to spy Marcel? Can't you just flirt with some girl and do that?" Caroline asked

"I'm playing low, meaning I won't be talking with many people from the city and seem like another human. Besides, we were together in the bar, this way people who saw us once, won't strange seeing us again, thinking we are dating."

"Ugh... Was this the reason why I had to come live in your mansion?"

"Part of the reason." Klaus smirked as they got inside the mansion.

"I'm gonna take a shower and pick an outfit for tonight." Caroline said and went to her bedroom, where she found Elena.

"Hey! So where have you and Klaus been? You took a long time." Elena said.

"It's kinda a long story." Caroline said closing the door and making a signal to Elena, making her know Caroline was afraid they were being listened to, then she grabbed a paper and wrote that she and Klaus went to spy on Marcel and she had to kiss him as they listened to Marcel and his friends.

"Wow! At least now you can relax."

"Actually, tonight I have to go out with Klaus again."

"Caroline, if you don't feel comfortable with this, you should tell him."

"I made a pact. I gave him my word. I told him I would help him and I will."

"Okay. And how was it?" Elena asked and Caroline gave her a look, making Elena smile. "That means it wasn't completely awful."

Caroline couldn't deny it, she did enjoyed the way Klaus kissed her and how he touched her. For a moment she forgot it was for a cover... But Caroline quickly push those thoughts away because even if she no longer was sired to him, Caroline still didn't thought she should have feelings for Klaus.

"How was your day in here?"

"It was nice. Bekah showed me her clothes and told me that we are more than welcome to ask her to borrow us some of her outfits. I think she likes to not be the only girl around... Kol was playing videogames and Elijah showed me their library."

"You seem becoming very close to Elijah."

"Care, weeks ago I was dating Stefan. The last thing I'm looking for right now is a relationship."

"Every time someone swears off relationships, they end up finding someone who makes them change their mind." Caroline smirked.

"Well, that wont happen to me. Besides, I've noticed how Klaus doesn't really like to see me around Elijah and the last thing I want to do is to get on his bad side." Elena said.

Next on The Pact
"You know the rules!"
***
"What are you doing?"
***
"What do you mean?"