24

It was a brand new day and after breakfast, Elijah took Elena to the safe house so they could train.

Elijah started by making Elena punch a boxing bag, teaching her how to use her feet and hips to make more impact when hitting the opponent.

After punching a boxing bag for awhile, Elijah told Elena that she should now try to hit him.

"Elijah, do I really have to? I prefer to punch the bag... Where I'm not hurting you."

"Elena, you asked me to prepare you for fighting and the things that come with it. One of the things that I'm sure it happens in fighting is your opponent move and avoid your punch. You're human, you need to improve your instincts and reflexes." Elijah said calmly.

"Fine." Elena said and tried to punch him but he quickly grabbed her wrist.

"Very predictable, Elena. You can't look at where you'll punch the opponent before you punch him or her because that way your opponent will know where you're planning to hurt him or her and your opponent will be able to quickly defend himself or herself." Elijah said calmly.

"I'm human. I can't be faster than you."

"I could be faster. Right now I'm acting like I'm a baby vampire. I'm acting like I've been a vampire as long as Caroline Forbes has been."

"I will never be able to be that fast, Elijah."

"That is why you know how to use certain weapons that can help you. But you also need to learn how to defend yourself without them because usually fights tend to happen when we least expect."

"Fine. I guess we can try again." Elena whispered.

Elena tried to punch Elijah but he once more grabbed her wrist, making her look at him frustrated, but she was not going to give up, so she step on his foot and kick him in the groin.

"I'm sorry." Elena quickly said, feeling guilty, as Elijah fall on his knees.

"Keep going. You need to know how to use all the fighting techniques you know." Elijah whispered.

" Elijah whispered

"But..." Elena was about to say when Elijah with his arm made Elena fall to the ground and grabbed her by the legs, dragging her to get closer to him, wrapping her legs around his waist as he let go of her legs and grabbed her by the wrists, stopping her from punching him.

"You stayed, letting the opponent use your humanity against you. When you are in a fight, you can't show mercy."

"That's part of who I am." Elena whispered, starting to feel her heart beat faster as she noticed how close she was to Elijah.

"I know. And I do admire your compassion and mercy to others but you can't let that be shown during a fight. Your opponent will use it as a weakness." Elijah whispered and Elena, with her legs wrapped around him, rolled them over, making her be on top.