Someone You Loved {Tony Stark}{2}

"For now the day bleeds, into night fall and you're not here to get me through it all"

"I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved"

--

6 months. 6 months since the world lost an Avenger. 6 months since Bucky Barnes let go. 6 months since Peter Parker lost his best friend. 6 months since Y/n Stark died. 6 months, since Tony Stark lost his daughter.

--

Tony had never looked worse. He drowned his sorrows in alcohol, spoke to no one, seen no one and made no contact with the outside world whatsoever. He was the broken shell of what he used to be. The Iron Man, had become a broken, grief stricken and heartbroken man. One of the things he found hard after your untimely death was the fact he had to keep on being a father, even though he doesn't get to have a child anymore. Everyone was grieving of course, but they got their lives on track, mostly everyone. Bucky still felt the same extreme guilt he did on that fateful day, and Peter was broken almost as bad as Tony was. But yet, the found the willpower to get on with it. Tony hates himself, hates how he spoke to you, how he treated you like dirt. His last words echo around his head, all day, everyday.

"God Y/n, shut up! You are such an annoying brat sometimes" 

He remembers the heartbroken look on your face after he said that, and how he didn't even try to make amends with you. He then remembers all the times he could've been better, but how he didn't even try.

--

It was Tony's birthday, and you being the amazing daughter you were, you decided to make Happy take you to the mall. Happy loved spending time with you, it's not like Tony was planning to do so any time soon. You walk into a store that sells mugs and point one out to Happy. He picks it up and spectates it.

"Worlds best dad? I think he'll love it" He says. You smile and wait till Happy pays for it and then you go back home, excited to show your dad what you bought him. You run into the living room, the wrapped mug in your small hands. The wrapping was a crappy job, but you were six, you hadn't quite mastered it yet. He stands at the kitchen counter, a glass in his hand. You walk up in front of him and slide the mug onto the counter, going on your tippy toes. Tony looks at the mug, then sees the top of your head poking up. He grabs the mug and walks towards you.

"This is what you dragged Happy out for? He's a body guard, not your personal play buddy." Tony says, glaring down at you.

"But it's your birthday" You say sadly, looking up at him.

"I don't care about that, or this stupid mug. I don't have Happy for you, I have him for me. If you want a body guard, get one." He says, walking away from you. He turns around to look at you. "And go upstairs, I don't need you downstairs ruining everything" He says. You pout sadly, not understanding his hateful attitude towards you. You stand up and look at the mug, taking it in your hands once again and placing it in a cabinet, hoping one day he'll appreciate it. You hear Happy clear his throat and you turn around. His hand is extended out towards you and you take it, letting him lead you up into your room.

"Why daddy bein' mean?" You ask him sadly. He sighs.

"I don't know kid, I really don't" He says.