Won't Stop 'Til We're Legends; B.Barnes (Part Three)

--

You were covered in a thin layer of sweat as you tossed and turned in your bed. You whimpered with every twist, the same nightmare plaguing your dreams.

Your wrists and ankles were tied and you were struggling against the bonds. You couldn't speak, you were trapped in your own mind. Your programming was activated by someone you had never met, your only encounter with him being when he kidnapped you from the safehouse you and your father were hiding out in. You never had time to react before he muffled your screams with a chemical soaked cloth. Then you woke up here, confused and drugged. But the drug suddenly left your system when your trigger words were said and you no longer had control of yourself or your actions. The door to the room you were being held in cracked open and your eyes squinted at the sudden light that spilled into the room. You could make out the shadow of your captor coming towards you, his face held a sinister smirk that would've usually made you sick to the stomach.

"Good morning, Soldier. How are we doing this morning?" He taunted you, knowing that you couldn't answer. He liked to tease you like that, ask you things even though he would never get a reply because you simply couldn't. You kept your eyes on the man in front of you as he untied your wrists and ankles. "I hope we have learned from the last time that we cannot make runs for freedom, am I understood?" That you could understand. But only because it was more like a command, the things that your conditioning allowed you to do.

"Yes sir," You replied. Zemo nodded and hummed as he grabbed your hand and pulled you up onto your feet. Your head spun, but you ignored it and followed him out of the small room and into the much brighter hallway. Through the door to the bathroom, you saw blood staining the shower curtain. You remembered killing the man, the pleas for you to stop. You shook your head.

"Move, let's go. We're going to be late," His Sovokian accent rung through your ears. He handed you a backpack and you slipped it on. "If you scream, I'll kill you in front of everyone," He threatened you. You hung your head and continued following him down the stairs of the hotel and into the lobby, where he handed in the keys of the room you were held captive in for the past few days.

"We hope you and your daughter enjoy the rest of your road trip," The receptionist said. He nodded and smiled at the woman. "Your daughter is very quiet," She commented. He laughed and looked at you.

"She's always been quiet," He said. He grabbed your wrist and dragged you out of the hotel, pushing you into the back of a van. You grunted as you hit the floor, where you stayed for the majority of the ride there. Your mind was only focused on one thing, you just wanted to get this mission over with. And before you knew it, you had arrived in central Vienna. The door of the van swung open and your hand flew up to shield your eyes from the harsh sunlight. Your captor shoved something in your hands, something cold, something heavy, something that felt a lot like a gun. "The man talking first, shoot him and I will set off the bomb, then meet me back here. If they see you, you are dead." He told you. You nodded and held the seemingly ten-tonne weighing gun in our hands, it felt like the longer you held it, the heavier it got. You closed your eyes and you teleported up to the top of a roof, opposite the building holding the UN Summit. You lay down on your stomach and set up the rifle on the edge of the building. You watched as the man conversed with different people, one you could presume to be his son. This didn't feel right, there was something not sitting right. Then he started talking. You aimed and you pulled the trigger. Then the explosions came. Your fright triggered something, something that shot you back into reality. You realized you were alone, and you could go back home. But you couldn't, the hand on your shoulder made you scream.