I Have Died Everyday Waiting For You {B.Barnes}

--

You weren't in Wakanda during the fight, you had ended up on Titan with Peter, Tony and the Guardians of the Galaxy. You were knocked out by Thanos when he punched you straight in the face. When you woke up, you had expected everything to be okay, just like your dad had promised you before he was put under in Wakanda almost 2 years ago. But he lied. Nothing was okay, Thanos was gone and Dr. Strange had given away the time stone and no one knew where Thanos was heading. It was weird having no knowledge of what was going on, you had really thought you would know what that felt like. You spent so many years cooped up in a HYDRA cell being their lab rat not knowing of any other world besides HYDRA, and to suddenly be thrown into one with aliens and titans driven on the determination to wipe out half of every living thing on the universe just didn't feel right at all. But the odds were never in your favor, so why would that so suddenly change now? You had sat on a rock and stared at the most interesting thing that your eyes could find, which happened to be the ash floor that you dor patterns on with your fingers. You had drawn a smiley face, but it felt wrong for whatever reason. The reason soon came to light as you had watched the guardians and Strange turn to dust, but watching your best friend die in front of your eyes was by far one of the worst feelings ever. Then the idea of your dad suffering the same fate as Peter Quill and Stephen Strange came to mind and your heart stopped dead in its tracks. Your power was teleportation, it was one of the few handy things you had gotten from HYDRA, you could teleport to anywhere really and you could create force fields with your powers, but you were tired and emotional, so your powers weren't exactly in the mood to play. No matter how hard you tried, you remained on titan with the billionaire who hated you and your father and the daughter of a man who had murdered millions.

--

Tony had decided to put aside his hate for your dad in favor of you. He let you sleep in the chair of the ship and gave you the majority of the food and he never ever complained about it. And you noticed and you appreciated it, but you just wanted to be back on earth to know if your dad and/or Steve were alright. You had already lost so much, losing them would be the breaking point. 

--

"He isn't going to last much longer up here, he's looking worse every damn day," You say to Nebula, who was sitting across from you. She leans forward and looks at you.

"Neither will you, you might be enhanced, but you're still human," She says. You sighed and looked over to Tony, who was sleeping in the chair were you usually slept. You decided to skip the usually compulsory sleep and give Tony the honor of sleeping semi-comfortably in the chair.

"That's not what he thought," You murmur. Nebula stood up abruptly and walked over to the huge window that was poorly masking the bright glowing figure from outside the ship. You looked in awe as the figure's glowing aura stopped and revealed a woman with blonde hair and an outfit that you would've mistaken for Steve's if you didn't know who he was. "Who the hell is she?" You ask. Neither you or Nebula noticed Tony waking up as the ship shifted then starts to move. Relief washed over you, but so did dread. What if you went back and no one was there, and you and Tony were the only people there?

--

When you had stepped off of the ship, your gut feeling had told you to expect the worse. You wished that you had trusted your gut feeling because when 5 people came running out and only one of them was the one you were really wishing to see, it was safe to say that you wished you had disappeared too. But no one really paid attention to you, all eyes were on Tony, the one everyone cared about and loved. He had friends, a fiance. Then there was you, little Y/N Barnes, the kid who had one person who really loved her, and that person was gone. Hell, Nebula even had someone there for her. You made no attempt to even follow them, half of them didn't know who you were, so what would have been the point in trying. You had originally thought that Steve might care if you were okay, but once again, you had thought wrong. Maybe he just couldn't look at you because of what happened to your dad, or maybe it's because you just shouldn't be there. You went with the latter option, and you used the last of your remaining energy to teleport back to the apartment you had been spending time in, and you saw how the snap had brought out the worst in people. Windows were smashed and stores were robbed, but your apartment was luckily untouched. You grabbed a few essentials, other things you could find. You sat on the couch while your phone charged for a bit, there were a few pings, but you chose to ignore them because you knew who they were from and you couldn't really be bothered to deal with it at the moment. You sat for a while before you stood up and grabbed your phone, looking at the messages upon messages from Steve and Natasha. You shook your head and rolled your eyes, putting your phone in your pocket and grabbing the power bank. You walked to the window of the apartment and you slid out and climbed down the fire escape. You couldn't bear to look back at the apartment that held painful memories of the parent you've lost. You looked around and seen an abandoned car sitting in the alleyway you had landed in. You climbed into the driver's seat and started to hotwire the car, and you sighed in relief when the engine sputtered to life. Then it dawned on you, you couldn't drive. It was one of the things on the bucket list that you and your dad had made up for when he was back from Wakanda and he was fully recovered, but you're not going to be completing that one with him, are you? You look down and thanked whoever was in charge above that it was an automatic. Those weren't that hard to drive, you just had to move it to whatever you wanted it to do. Once you had started, you had a fair idea of what you were doing. You reversed out and drove out, and you didn't look back.