The Chain; B.Barnes

Warnings; Swearing, mentions of injury, me ignoring IW And Endgame, yelling, fighting,

A/N; I took some lyrics from 'Are We Having Any Fun Yet?' by Larkins, which is a really good song! I did ignore IW entirely bucky did not dust in that jungle and he and his daughter are going to get the tesseract leave me alone-

Word Count; 2.1k Words

--

Standing on the platform beside your dad, you looked over to see Bruce flipping a bunch of switches, it felt like those switches were in control of your stomach and making it do flips. Eight of you stood on the platform, Natasha, Tony, Steve, Clint, Thor, Bruce, You and Bucky.

"You have your teams and you haveassignments. Get your stone, andget back here. One round tripeach. No mistakes. No do-overs," Steve said. You nodded and looked down below you, at least if you ever left the superhero life behind, you could put time travel on your resume. "Most of us are going back to placeswe know. That doesn't mean we knowwhat to expect. Be careful. Lookout for each other. Improvise, ifyou have to," You hated where you were going, back to that awful place, HYDRA. You were the same as your dad, you were born in the '40s, but you were taken by HYDRA as bait for Bucky, and they found it would be pointless for such potential to go to waste by letting you go. The rest was history, well, right now it's going to be your present. Steve looked around and sighed. "This is the fight of our lives...Whatever it takes," He finished. You smiled to yourself and nodded, you knew you had to do this. The platform beneath you started to vibrate gently and Bucky held your hand, sensing your unease. Natasha looked over to you and smiled.

"See you in a minute," She said. You nodded and before you knew it, your eyes were clenched shut and you were much smaller than you ever remembered being. Your eyes opened and you found yourself in a forest, the only light being that of the moon and the beacons from the light towers in front of you.

"You remember this place, right?" Bucky asked you. You nodded and sighed.

"How could I forget? Was the first base I was ever kept at," You reminisced. Bucky stood beside you and put his hand on your shoulder.

"I know you're uncomfortable, hell, I am too. But we're gonna be okay, we just gotta get that stone and get the hell out of here," He said. 

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's get that cube," You started making your way through the forest and stood a few feet away from a guard that was standing still. You reached behind you and whipped out your baton, hitting him over the head and knocking him out.

"Y/N?" Bucky got your attention. You didn't reply, so he took it as a cue to continue. "We should run, shouldn't we?"

"Yeah, it seems like the best option right now. You go that way, I'll go this way," He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why do I have to stay out here?" He asked.

"Because, if they see you, they'll think Bucky in this time got out and they'll take you back, but if they see me-"

"They'll kill you," Bucky interrupted.

"Not if I kill them first," You reminded him. "Just...trust me, on this okay? I know it's probably a death sentence going in there alone, but when has that ever stopped me. Just promise me that you'll stay put out here," Bucky sighed and reluctantly agreed. You disappeared into the base while Bucky kept watch on the outside to make sure nothing was going wrong. You kept to the shadows of the building, trying to keep yourself away from people. 

"No! Please stop it! I'll behave!" You froze. You knew that voice, you had an incline to follow it. Your incline got the best of you and everything in you came to a standstill as you stood in the doorway of the room you heard the child's voice coming from. You knew the voice because it was yours. She saw you standing in the doorway and immediately went on the defensive.