131

I woke up but kept my eyes closed, letting the memories from last night flood my mind. My body was completely and totally relaxed. I stretched gently, all the way to my toes, enjoying the fact that my legs almost felt like noodles.

Colby's arm was around my waist, his fingertips grazing my bare stomach. I smiled to myself and rolled over in his arms. He tightened his arm around me but didn't wake.

 Colby barely looked like he could be some mythical frightening creature when he was sleeping. The shadows under his eyes weren't as prominent since he fed on me last night, and his face was relaxed into a sweet innocence that I didn't really get to see.

 I lifted my hand to his face and traced my finger lightly along his cheeks and the bridge of his nose, over his lips. His eyes shot open just as I was about to bring my hand away.

 "Oop," I replied, with a small smile, lowering my hand.

"Don't stop. Feels nice," he replied, his voice raspy with sleep.

He closed his eyes as I lifted my hand back to his face and started tracing again.

 "I'm sorry I woke you," I whispered.

"What time is it?" he asked, groggily.

 I shrugged.

"No idea. I don't even know where my phone is. Where's yours?"

His eyes came open again. "If I roll over to get it, you'll have to stop and I don't want you to."

 I smiled, my heart swelling at his innocent words. I traced my fingers over his brow bone, and down along his jaw.

"Do you have anything to do today?" I asked.

 He closed his eyes again.

 "Nothing that can't wait. You?"

 I shook my head. "No. I don't have a job anymore, remember?"

Wrong words to say maybe, because his eyes shot open again, only filled with so much anger, that I flinched back. They automatically softened and his arm drew me back against him as he rolled over onto his back.

I lay my head on his chest and started tracing his tattoo.

"Why did you just flinch away from me? Are you still scared of me?"

 I hid my face in his chest for a moment in embarrassment. "No, I'm not. I know you wouldn't intentionally hurt me, but the whole angry vampire thing takes me by surprise sometimes. It's reflex."

 "I'm sorry I scared you. I just got so mad thinking about what Millie did and that I let her go. I guess it lead to something good though."

"What's that?" I asked, propping my chin on my hand, on top of his chest.

 He glanced down at me and grinned, boyishly.

 "You don't have to go to work with that prick Jeffy, ever again, and can stay in bed with me all day, letting me have my way with you."

 My whole body flushed at his words, and I looked back down. "Didn't he sort of save my life last night?" I asked, remembering what he had said about Jeff jumping in front of Millie when she tried to attack me.

 "Hmmph," he snorted out. "I guess so...still hate him though. Just maybe not quite as much."

I giggled a little against his chest and snuggled closer into him. He reached over to his table and found his phone.

 "Is that new?" I asked.

 It didn't look like his normal phone.

He drew his bottom lip into his mouth, letting his teeth bite down on it before answering me.

 "Yeah...I broke my other one. Got this while you were...well, in a coma."

 "Oh," I replied.

"It's only 11 aeemmm," He groaned and set his phone back down. "I'm never up this early." He started rubbing my arm, then trailed his fingers down it, sending chills along my spine. "Hey I got a question for you."

I was suddenly nervous. I'm not sure why but I was.

"Whaaat?" I replied, looking up at him.

"Why does talking about sex make you nervous? or embarrassed?"

 "It doesn't." I lied.

He met my gaze and rolled his perfect blue eyes.

 "Yes, it does. Vampire, remember? I know when you're getting nervous, or lying, or horn-"

 "OK!" I yelled over him, making him stop.

"Well?" he asked again.

 I sighed.

 "I'm not sure. I never really spoke about sex with anyone. It was always a personal topic for me. Obviously I wasn't a virgin when I slept with you but-"

"Are you sure? Cuz you were super tigh-"

 I clamped my hand down over his mouth, blushing furiously.

"Stop it Colby!"

 He laughed against my hand, then I felt his tongue dart out and lick me. I yanked my hand back, laughing and wiped it across his face.

"Gross," I laughed out.

 "You weren't saying that last night when my tong-"

 "Oh my GOD," I screamed, falling back on the bed, pulling the blanket over my face.

 I felt him pull on the blanket, and I tightened my grip but he snatched it easily from me, pulling it down until I met his gaze.

 "Sorry," he smiled, sheepishly. "I just love making you blush."

 I raised my eyebrows at him. "I thought you ordered me not to blush."

 He shrugged and grinned. "Yeah, but you didn't stop, so I got used to it and I want you to do it all the time. Like every time I talk about-"

 "Do you want me to answer your question or not?" I asked sternly, getting a little aggravated with him.

 Did I expect for him not to annoy me now though, just because we were getting along? No, he would always annoy me every chance he got. I think he enjoyed it.

In fact, I know he did. 

"You're annoying," I laughed out, when he just smirked at me.

 "I know. You like it. Now can you finish talking about sex?"

 I rolled my eyes at him, but I couldn't keep my grin in, as I smacked his chest. "Fine. I have only ever talked about it with Kat. Never in front of people. It just seems like something that is personal, and not for the whole world to know about."

His eyes widened a little. "So you've never joked around about sex in a group of people? Ever?"

I shook my head.