Nowhere Left To Hide Part 4/10: "One Year..."

A/N: Byleth will be absent for the next few parts for obvious reasons (she will be mentioned though) but I thought I should let you all know.

Also this one may be a bit disturbing to some of you due to this being focused on Dimitri's nightmares. This part is also probably the darkest one I've written for this book so far. Just a warning.

Anyways lets get to it!

-----

Almost a year after "Nowhere Left To Hide Part 3: To War" and after the event that happened when Dimitri retreated back to the Kingdom.

-----

After the monastery fell, things kept getting worse and worse.

During the invasion the ones defending Garreg Mach had no choice but to surrender.

The monastery collapsed and Rhea had gone missing. The Church of Seiros were dispatched  to find Rhea and Byleth. They were scattered around everywhere.

Since they all left, the monastery at Garreg Mach had fallen to ruin and became a haven for thieves.

However Not long after Dimitri returned back to the kingdom, a bad incident had taken place.

Dimitri's uncle Rufus, had been murdered and Dimitri had been falsely accused by a Mage whom had been working at the Kingdom for 20 years named Cornelia, of killing him.

An execution was planned to take place but Dimitri escaped from the jails before it could be done.

Dedue had helped him escape and despite not seeing it happen, Dimitri thinks Dedue had gotten murdered from helping him, making Dimitri's desire to kill Edelgard and the Imperial Army even more extreme again.

Despite Dimitri's escape from the kingdom, Imperial Loyalist Cornelia announced to the public that he was dead and she took the Kingdom throne herself, leading Faerghus.

She accepted forces from the Empire to destroy all those many remaining Kingdom forces that are opposed to her like House Gautier and Fraldarius.

Dimitri had not seen any allies or classmates since they all retreated from the Monastery. He has not seen anyone else from the kingdom army like Rodrigue or any of the church staff.

It has been almost a year since that day he escaped, the kingdom army never bothered looking for him because most thought he was dead but since his body was never shown to the public either, there was some belief that he may still be alive.

Dimitri had wandered throughout Fodlan far and wide.

He saw many things in the land that he never saw when he lived as royalty.

Including the slums in Faerghus... Those who suffered in poverty.

And they apparently had gotten worse ever since the war started...

He had never been to place like that before...

It was downright...heart wrenching to see so many people suffer...

But not long after he left there, he wished that the future ruler of Fodlan will save those people whom are suffering in such a way...

He knows it won't be him...

But he'll make sure that the ruler will never be Edelgard either since she most likely will make it even worse especially considering she was the one who was apparently the cause of so much of their despair...

-----

He later found some field in the alliance territory. He was still on his own but he could see people around him that no one else could see. Those whom have passed on, haunting him.