Silence

-----

Post timeskip, takes place after chapter thirteen and takes place before chapter fourteen. Takes place on the night of the fourth of the Guardian Moon, Sunday. References "Washing Dishes" part and "An Expression" part.

-----

Dimitri barely leaves the Cathedral.

It was strange that he was there for the majority of the day. Sure he was reported to be seen at the training grounds and obviously at his quarters around at night but he seems to be at the cathedral all the time.

He would just stare down at the ground with his one eye like he was some...statue.

Byleth wanted to do something about it so she decided to try and talk to him while he was just spending his time there.

There were a few people around in the cathedral including Felix just minding their own business and pretending that Dimitri wasn't there.

When Byleth entered the cathedral, she knew Dimitri would be there and she was right.

She walked towards Dimitri while he was just standing right in front of the broken pieces in the cathedral.

She stood right behind him. Some of the people around them started to watch them both. Felix included.

She finally spoke, "Uh Dimitri... would you like to go and practice washing or handling some dishes again? You know.. Like that time... a really long time ago? It has.. Been a really long time since we have done anything like that..."

Dimitri didn't even look at her but he did hear her. He said loudly enough for Byleth to hear in an angry tone. "Hah. Why would I want to do something like that?"

Byleth got annoyed by that tone but she tried to stay calm. "Well you wanted to handle fragile stuff better and you wanted to stop breaking them, so I th-"

Byleth got cut off. "I don't remember that. Why would I want to not break fragile things anymore? I have fun bre-"

Byleth already knew what he was going to say so she dropped it quickly. "Ok then.. So I guess thats out of the picture... Oh! Uh.. Would you like to eat some lunch with me and uh Raphael again? Maybe you can-"

Dimitri shook his head before Byleth even finished her sentence.

Marianne started to walk in the Cathedral and she unintentionally saw the conversation that was going on between the two.

Byleth was confused. "Why not?"

"Because doing that is pointless so you should leave me alone."

Byleth couldn't believe what she was hearing. "It isn't pointless! We should treasure every moment with each other while we can! We can never know what will happen!"

Dimitri spoke again. "I couldn't... I couldn't care about anything right now. I just want to take that head away from that evil beast of an emperor."

For some reason... Dimitri felt angry at himself for lying about not caring, but he just wanted Byleth to leave him alone.

Both Byleth and Marianne knew in their hearts that what he said wasn't true. "Do you really believe that Dimitri?"

Dimitri struggled to say something which confirmed Byleth's suspicions.

He didn't believe that at all.

He threw out a sigh. "Listen. You can waste as much time as you want but you should know that it's pointless to talk to someone like me anymore. I'm a broken beast. I'm going to remain as a broken beast no matter what!"