The Tragedy Of Gronder Part 3/5: "The Feral Lion..."

-----

Post timeskip, takes place right after "The Tragedy Of Gronder Part 2: Ignorance & Consequences." part. Do not read this part unless you've read that one and do NOT read this part without reading "What's the matter lion?" part because this may not make much sense if you don't read them.

-----

Byleth tried to catch up to where Dimitri was but he continued to make his way to try and get Edelgard.

However Rodrigue then finally came back to the field and thankfully wasn't far behind Dimitri.

Little did he know though...A certain someone else followed him back to the field...

Rodrigue was relieved to see that he was okay. "Your Highness! You're alive! We have to retreat to the Great Bridge of Myriddin..."

Dimitri growled to himself and then spoke again. "That woman... We failed to capture her. I will keep pursuing. The rest of you, keep fighting!"

Byleth tried to get closer to them but was still struggling. She felt like she was going to faint any moment but she knew she couldn't allow herself to.

Rodrigue spoke back. "I'm so sorry...but we can't do that. I understand how you feel, but the Imperial army is closing in!"

Dimitri then turned around to face Rodrigue, letting his guard down. "I'll kill all of them! No matter how many hundreds or thousands of them there are!"

Rodrigue was going to speak again but then he realised there was something or rather someone behind Dimitri.

This someone was the girl that they met in the Great Bridge of Myriddin.

Byleth then saw her too and was confused. "How did she get here? When did she...why is she...?"

Rodrigue was the first to speak. "You... What are you doing here?! It's too dangerous! Fall back, now!"

The girl smirked in a mocking way. "Heh."

Byleth and Rodrigue saw what she was holding.

A sword...

The child then ran towards Dimitri from behind and stabbed one of his hips with her weapon. Then stabbed him in the shoulder.

Rodrigue screamed in terror. "Your Highness!"

Dimitri tilted his head back to face the child. "You...are..."

The child gave Dimitri a sadistic smirk as she stabbed him in the leg.

She laughed and laughed in a mocking type of way. "Have I caught you off guard, Your Highness?"

Byleth's eyes widened. She couldn't believe that she was seeing this.

But at the same time...she had known something was off about that girl...

And yet she never said anything about it for some reason...

The child continued to mock him. "Aww, does it hurt? I bet it hurts reaaaal bad, doesn't it? But it's nothing compared to what my brother felt!"

She then started crying when she remembered her brother. "You will never be forgiven, you know. I will never forgive you!"

Dimitri was panting from the injuries the kid gave him. Or rather the injuries he is letting her give him. "You... You must be..."

"So I was the monster who killed her brother huh... Of course.." Dimitri tilted his head away from her as he thought to himself.