Hidden

Please read the author's note at the end of this page.

-----

Post time skip, takes place after chapter 14 and takes place before chapter 15. Read "The Professor's Birthday" part before reading this part. Takes place on the fifth of Pegasus Moon. Sort of references Hapi's B support with Dimitri. Takes place After Byleth's A support with Sylvain and Byleth's A support with Hapi.

-----

It was a free day and Mercedes invited Byleth and Hapi for lunch at the dining hall. They both accepted the offer.

But... Byleth seemed to be lost in thought for some reason.

When they were sitting at the table together and it was.. Pretty awkward.

There wasn't much words said.

Mercedes tried to start up a conversation. "Hey uh... So Sylvain's injury went away quite quickly huh? That's quite a relief..."

"...Yeah." Hapi was vague herself.

"Thank goodness it wasn't anything too major." Byleth spoke up.

It went all quiet again.

Hapi and Mercedes exchanged looks and shook their heads.

"Are you down about Didi?" Hapi looked straight at Byleth.

It took a small while before Byleth heard those words. She eventually looked up. "Huh?"

"Didi or.... Well Dimitri I guess is what you call him, did something happen?"

Byleth shook her head. "Not really nor am I feeling sad right now, I'm just... thinking I suppose."

"Are you thinking about him?" Mercedes asked.

Byleth tried to word her answer. "Kind of but he's not the only thought in my mind right now since there is the battle ahead of us and all that. Still though, a bit of my thoughts, though not all, do involve him."

"Well I mean you can tell us or just Sisi, if it helps. I mean not like I'm a great person to tell and all... but you know, feel free to if it helps."

Byleth smiled at Hapi. "Thanks... It's just.. I can't help but feel like it's my fault."

Both Mercedes and Hapi frowned. Mercedes spoke up first however. "Your fault? What do you mean? In what? How is it your fault and what is your fault? Did...did he blame you for this?"

Byleth shook her head. "No he didn't, in fact when I asked him if it was my fault, he told me that It wasn't my fault at all and he seemed to be telling the truth."

Mercedes sighed in relief. "Well why do you believe that it is your fault even after he said it wasn't?"

"It's just... I just wish someone was there for Dimitri in those five years that occurred. I mean he was alone and... had no one to comfort him. I just wish he knew how much we all care about him. I can't explain it.. It's just when I look at him, I see someone who is lost and scared... Someone who won't let themselves truly live or find true happiness..."

Hapi frowned. "Yeah Chatterbox... I know what you mean because whenever I look at him, that's sadly what I see too but I don't really see how anything is your fault. I mean you don't really have anything to do with him being... well I guess broken like this."

"Maybe you're right but I cannot shake the feeling away that it is my fault even if he said it wasn't."

"Is that why you are trying to talk to him all the time? Because of guilt?"