Withered Flowers

-----

Post timeskip, takes place after chapter fourteen and takes place before chapter fifteen. Takes place on the ninth of the Pegasus Moon. Takes place after "Hidden" part. The location at the beginning is not far from Byleth's quarters.

-----

Byleth and Petra spent time relaxing in the sauna for a while.

When they got out, they both felt refreshed especially since Petra loves the heat.

"Thank you Professor for joining me. I am now feeling refreshing!" Petra stretched one of her arms as she said that.

"No problem! It actually felt nice to relax there. I should maybe go to that sauna more often."

"Oh I have an idea! How about you take Dim- um no I mean His Highness, to the sauna! Maybe take Alois too since I've never seen someone laugh so hard whenever he hears Alois's jokes."

Byleth didn't agree with that. There was absolutely no way he'd agree at this point in time. "...I don't know if he would be up for it."

"Well, he always seems tense and stressed all the time from what I could see. Maybe he could spend time in the sauna to help himself relax!"

Well now that Petra put it like that, it doesn't sound like that bad of an idea. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to try...right?

Byleth shook her head. "Maybe. I'll try maybe a bit later on but I doubt that he will say anything about it. Anyways, I'm going to fish for a while. I'll see you later!"

"See you later!" Petra waved goodbye and headed in the opposite direction that Byleth went.

Byleth quickly first goes into her quarters since it's on the way there. She then decided to take off her necklace that she was wearing and then placed it on the table.

She was about to leave until she heard a voice close by.

"Dedue...Why? I'm so... I'm so sorry... Why?"

Byleth despite feeling refreshed and warm just a second ago, suddenly felt a cold shiver down her spine.

"...I'll avenge you Dedue...I promise!"

There was the sobbing voice again. Byleth already knew who this voice belonged to which broke her heart.

This voice was coming from Dedue's old room, which was right next to Byleth's room.

Byleth left her room and saw that Dedue's room had it's door slightly open. She gently opened the door more.

And there was the owner of the voice...

Dimitri...was that owner.

Byleth wasn't at all surprised because she already recognised the voice but...

It didn't stop her heart from sinking.

And it got worse.. Dimitri was crying.

She had never seen him cry before.

Not even once.

And now...It made her want to cry as well..

Not only because of Dimitri crying but also because she is still in shock about Dedue's death even though she's only kept that to herself.

Dimitri looked up a little bit and felt a bit off all of a sudden.

"That's... She's here again...."

He suddenly turned around to face Byleth. "Was there something you wanted from me?"

Byleth was caught off guard by that. She had only just realised that she was selfishly staring at Dimitri crying and she also realised that she was thinking about memories with Dedue.

Dimitri didn't look happy at all with her spying on him like this...

Byleth accepted his anger here since she felt like he had every right to be frustrated with her about this; she had stumbled into a private moment. She took a deep breath and finally answered. "I heard something...from this room. I wanted to see what it was I didn't mean to stare...I'm sorry...about Dedue...I..."

Byleth couldn't even finish what she had to say because she couldn't even find the right words. She just didn't have the strength to talk about Dedue because she couldn't believe Dedue was dead either.

Dimitri looked down to the ground for a while without saying anything.

" S T A Y     A W A Y     F R O M      H E R "

" O T H E R W I S E       S H E ' LL     D I E     L I K E         D   E  D  U    E         D  I E D "

Dimitri heard another ghost's voice, it sounded like Glenn...

His tears fall down from his eye without him even realising it.

Byleth noticed this. "Dimitri! Are..-"

He looked up at her. "If you want to chat with someone then chat with someone who is able to chat with you because I can't chat with anyone."

He rushes past her before she could say anything and walks away.

"Professor...Stay away from a monster like me.." He quietly mumbled this to himself so Byleth didn't hear.

Byleth didn't know what to think or feel right now but one thing for certain...After seeing Dimitri like that and remembering Dedue is actually gone... It was hard to feel refreshed anymore..

-----