The Argument In The Lions' Den

WARNING! WHILE THIS PART IS A VERY IMPORTANT ONE, IT STILL CONTAINS SOME TRIGGERING THEMES. MAJORITY OF THESE CHARACTERS ARE OUT OF CHARACTER (DIMITRI, FELIX, SYLVAIN ETC) BUT THAT WAS INTENTIONAL DUE TO THE SITUATION OF THIS PART. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

-----

Post timeskip, takes place after chapter fifteen and takes place before chapter sixteen. Takes place after "Saint Indech Day" part, "Reflection" part, "Forgotten Hero" part, "Blue Blood" part, "Lost And Now Found" part, "Conflict In The Rain" part, "Endless Knot" part & "Shamir's Birthday" part. Takes place on the 28th of Lone Moon which is three days before the mission/chapter sixteen. Beginning of the part takes place during the daytime and after a mission. References the goddess tower arc.

-----

Byleth and the army defeated some pirates once again.

They needed to take out some pirates and they needed to get some experience for the invasion of the bridge which was in two days.

However the pirates were way more stronger than any of the ones they've fought before which ended up having Byleth use up all of her divine pulse power for the first time ever.

Thanks to Byleth and her Divine Pulse power, nothing terrible happened and no bad injuries happened either.

Or that's what she thought...

When everyone else was prepared to leave, Byleth was walking alongside Dimitri, Seteth and Felix.

She was exhausted and had a hard time holding up. She never once overused divine pulse so she never felt like this before.

In fact, she felt like she was going to faint.

Seteth went over to her left and whispered to her a warning since he noticed her condition. "Did you overuse...divine pulse? No! Try not to overuse it otherwise you'll faint!"

Byleth was shocked that Seteth knew what that was and that she had it. "How did yo-"

Then she cut herself off when she saw a pirate about to stab Dimitri from behind with a sword. She panicked.

Since Dimitri was like three metres away from her and that there wasn't enough time to alert him, she pushed him out of being stabbed by the pirate. "Dimitri!"

Dimitri fell on the ground when he got pushed suddenly by Byleth.

He was frustrated from getting pushed to the ground so suddenly for no reason. "What was th-"

Then he heard her slightly shriek which made him turn around and...

He really wishes he didn't turn around and saw her.

A pirate stabbed her in the hip by using a sword.

And that attack wasn't even meant for her. It was meant for Dimitri.

Byleth stepped back a bit after the pirate took out his weapon in confusion from stabbing the wrong person.

She was bleeding badly from the stab wound.

The injury was surprisingly not too severe but Byleth's body was already weak from the overuse of divine pulse and now that she had a painful stab wound, it was hard for her to keep up.

Mercedes tried to run to Byleth and use magic to heal her but it wasn't possible to completely heal a wound like that at this moment.

Dimitri rushed in and stabbed the pirate that stabbed Byleth over and over until he was dead.

Byleth couldn't focus that much on what was happening. It was the first time she had something like this happen to her.

"Why did you do something so idiotic?! You could've gotten yourself killed!" Felix scolded her.