What's the matter lion?

-----

Post timeskip, takes place after chapter 13 and takes place before chapter 14. Takes place after "Silence" part, "Refusal" part, "Returned" part, "Voice" part, "Pirates of the North" part & "Weathervanes of Fodlan" part. Takes place on the 27th of Guardian Moon. Location: Training Grounds.

-----

" G     E   T         H   E   R        H   E  A  D "

"I will father! I swear on my life I will accomplish that!" Dimitri mumbled to himself as he was training in the training grounds.

" D E S T R O Y     K I L L"

Dimitri continued to hear those voices in his head as he tried to get stronger.

"   K  I   L   L        T   H   E   M        A    L    L "

"  C   R  U  S  H        T   H   E   I   R           S   K   U    L    L   S "

" K    I   L    L          T   H   O   S    E        D   I   S  G   U  S  T   I   N  G         E   A   G   L   E   S "

These haunting words that only he can hear, made Dimitri train harder and more aggressively despite that look on his face.

.....

Then... Dimitri stopped where he was when he suddenly felt someone's presence watching him.

It was a bright presence.

Something completely different to the darkness that was around him right now.

It was her... Byleth again...

He didn't turn around to look at her. "Did you need something?"

Byleth blinked. She wanted to say something.

Honestly she really wanted to...

But... she couldn't. She couldn't find the words.

Dimitri turned around and asked her again despite the lack of an angry tone in his voice. "Did you need something?"

Byleth frowned. "Well no not really... I just wanted to see how you were..."

Dimitri smirked sadistically and started to chuckle until it turned into a huge laugh.

It didn't sound like a genuine laugh she heard from him whenever he'd hear a joke from Alois...

It sounded so maniacal... As if he was not even human at all... but at the same time...

It also sounded sad.... Almost a sob even...

Byleth was getting annoyed with him (and rightfully so) very quickly again. 

He finally spoke after laughing so manically. "Hah! Why would something like that even matter to you?"

"Well duh! I care about you Dimitri!" Byleth wasn't having it.

"It's silly of you to think that you should bother at all caring for a beast like myself. Beasts don't have emotions."

"No you aren-"

"I am. Besides, you only want me around because I'm strong and can help you get that Archbishop back."

The atmosphere got very heavy after he said that.

Dimitri felt guilty almost immediately but the ghosts forced him to keep his mouth shut. 

Byleth finally said something. She angrily mumbled. "I know that's not what you believe..."