Reflection

-----

Post timeskip, takes place after chapter fifteen and takes place before chapter sixteen. Takes place after the "Saint Indech Day" part. Takes place on the fourth of Lone Moon. References "Voice" part, "What's the matter lion?" part and "Withered Flowers" part.

-----

Dimitri was on his way to the greenhouse this afternoon because someone's ghost might be waiting for him there.

He could never hear Dedue's voice or see Dedue's ghost outside of his nightmares unlike the rest of the dead.

It made no sense to him. Dedue died because of him and that witch...

So why wasn't Dedue joining the rest of the dead outside of Dimitri's dreams?

Byleth didn't either join everyone outside of the dreams either during the five years but that was probably because she never died to begin with.

Dedue on the other hand, was definitely dead so how is he not here, haunting his every move like everyone else...?

Though similar to Byleth, Dimitri never got to confirm it for himself when Dedue died but...

There was no way anyone could escape from a situation like that...

And then Dimitri's little trip to the slums.....

He shook his head remembering that and finally got closer to the entrance of the greenhouse...

However he was walking rather slowly and hesitantly.

He knows if he does hear Dedue's voice, it won't be calm...

Instead it will be haunting and frightening.

All Dimitri wanted was to at least hear Dedue's voice at least once.

But Dimitri knew that it won't be calm. It will be haunting to listen to.

Not something Dimitri would truly want to hear...but one he thinks he deserves to suffer from.

But at the end of the day, he would technically still get what he wanted... To hear Dedue's voice whether or not it was a haunting ghost type of voice. If it was scary, then he'll accept it.

That's all he can do anyways...other than kill people.

He heard another chant in his ears by another ghost that was most likely one of the soldiers that died back then...

" Y O U  D E S E R V E  T O  B E  H A U N T E D "

Dimitri didn't object, he just nodded. However it still made him feel a bit scared to hear Dedue's voice potentially haunt him.

Dedue's ghost being here would make sense considering he adored this place and well...flowers in general.

But...When Dimitri did enter the greenhouse, Dedue wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Dimitri didn't give up though, he wanted to wait for him.

So He sat down on the ground, near the flowers.

And then He waited for Dedue's ghost to arrive...

And waited...

And waited for who knows how long.....

......

...Nothing...

Dedue's ghost wasn't here...nor will it ever be here...

Dimitri was irritated. "But how? Dedue loved this place..."

Then Dimitri realised what else Dedue loved... "He also loved Duscur...which means...the only way I can hear him again is if..."