We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat

(AN: this episode might be longer than I thought and may contain more chapters then usual.)

"The ship's data banks, I shouldn't let you in here, but I am and that's fine." Mabli said nervously. I followed behind the Doctor and the others followed behind me.

"We've already been in here with Astos." The Doctor said.

"She said he was dead." Mabli said pointing to me. She looked saddened and turned to the Doctor. "Is he really gone?"

"I'm sorry, Mabli." She replied.

Mabli took a step back to take a breath to calm herself. "He was the only one to ever believe in me, including me. He was so kind. There aren't enough kind people." She was starting to lose her nerves.

The Doctor took a step towards her. "What would be want you to do now?" She asked calmly to in turn keep Mabli calm.

She stuttered for a moment before answering the question. "Make sure everyone stays safe."

"You can do this." The Doctor reassured.

"Right. Yeah.." she replied.

"No really you can." I said walking up next to them. "I believe in you." I said simply and she took in another breath. "Now what was it you wanted to show us?" I asked her.

"Well, if I sync my ocular recorders with the data banks." She started. She moved to the center console.

"Oh yeah, sync the old ocular recorders, it's obvious." Graham said sarcastically.

"Graham, not now." I shot back. "Go on, you were saying?"

"All Tsuranga medics are implanted with lenses, so we can record treatments for training purposes, lawsuits, data records." She explained.

"Like a posh version of my uniform camera." Yaz said.

"Look at you making all these connections." I said to Yaz. "Yeah, pretty much the same thing." I confirmed.

"Hang on, if this is the control deck where is the rest of the crew?" Graham asked.

"No crew. All automated." The Doctor said resting her hands on her hips.

"So it's just us? Alone." He asked again.

"Yeah." I replied.

"In space." He added.

"Yeah." The Doctor said.

"With that creature." He added again.

"Yeah." I replied one last time. "Sorry."

"I don't fancy its chances." Yaz said to reassure us.

"I back us every time." Ryan added and I smiled at them.

"Thank you for choosing perils of the Constant Division." I computer automated voice said. "We know you have a choice of vid-briefings concerning the most threatening of..."

"Sorry." Mabli apologized. She did some more work on the computer system. "Here we go." She then got a hologram of the creature came up.

"Item Seven Alpha Cubed." The computer voice listed. "Pting."

"Pting?" The Doctor asked.

"Pting." The computer said changing the hologram to one of it roaring. We all took a small step back. "Threat level: Chalice."

"Is that bad?" Ryan asked.

"The worst one. One up from Beetroot." Mabli said and we all turned back to the hologram as the computer started talking again.