Goodbye Forever

The ship was rumbling roughly and it was hard for the Doctor to keep the bomb steady and stable. "Funny, I'm the one normally defusing the bomb." She said opening the airlock door. She placed it inside and pulled out her sonic screwdriver. "(Y/n), pick a number between one and a hundred." She asked me.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"Pick a number!"

"Uh fifty-one." I said.

"Pentagonal number! Interesting." She then used the sonic on the bomb. "Get in that corner." She said and I did so.

"What was the number for exactly?" I asked.

"Number of seconds before the bomb goes off." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"You could've told me! I would've picked I higher fucking number!" I exclaimed tucking myself into the corner more.

"Good number 51, atomic number of antimony. Number of federalists papers written by Alexander Hamilton. I love that show, I've seen all 900 casts."

"I know, we went to see one and you told me, five times." I said rolling my eyes. The bomb continued to tick down and there was no sign of the Pting. My nose started bleeding again and I reached in to pull out a tissue. "Uh, Doctor. We have another problem." I said as it started to become more intense. She looked to me and my blood soaked tissue. "It's not stopping." Usually they would last a few seconds, but this one was longer.

"You've gone to long with your medication." She scanned me quickly with her sonic. "The sonic still doesn't register that something is wrong." She said putting it back in her pocket. I leaned against the corner and slid down the wall.

"I'm putting every ounce of faith I have in you with this bomb." I said from the floor. "If the Pting doesn't take the bait, and the bomb blows up. I'm gonna kill you myself." I said removing the tissue. My nose was still bleeding and I could feel that burning inside me again.

"You could've picked a bigger number!" She said looking back around the corner. "Where is it? Come on!" She walked back around the corner to look for it. The bomb continued beeping and doing its count down. "As the bomb gets closer, the energy is building getting ready to blow. The Pting must be attracted to that. Surely! That's what I've been working on this whole time. Oh, please don't be wrong, I'll be so embarrassed!"

"AND DEAD!" I shouted at her. I got up and walked over to her. I saw something move out of the corner of my eye and I looked over. "Doctor. It's here." I said tapping her shoulder.

"I'm not bad, admit it, I'm not bad, it's all in the timing." She said pushing me back into the corner. It growled at us. "When you're ready, mate." She said as it turned away from us.

"Timing is everything." I whispered as we watched it look at the bomb. It scurried into the airlock and ate the bomb. "Well that's one problem solved." The Doctor leaned on me keeping me pinned in the corner. She ran up to the doors and closed them wither sonic. My nose finally stopped bleeding and I put the tissue back in my pocket.

The bomb went off and the Pting's stomach glowed a bright orange color. "Absorbed, every bit of energy." She said opening the airlock sending it into space. "One massive, massive hit."

"That's problem two and three solved." I said as she turned to see my nose had stopped bleeding. The burning became faint in my chest again, I could barely feel it.

The ship rumbled again. "We're not home and dry yet." The Doctor said. "Come on (Y/n)." We ran as fast as we could back to the Nav chamber. Eve Cicero was laying on the floor and Durkas took over piloting. "What happened?"