- Vulcan Class Light Cruiser -

[\< Ship Version >/]

With the "Age of the Carrier" starting, many nations started to focus a bit less on ships like battleships, heavy cruisers and others, to open space for aircraft, aircraft carriers and also for AA fire to rely on when there's no aircraft to protect it. As a result of research in the AA area, the first AA focused class of ships of the world was developed, the Vulcan Class of light cruisers, with four ships of this class developed, Vulcan and Windstorm being the most known ones since Vulcan plays vital roles in AA in the west of the Eagle Empire and Windstorm plays vital roles in AA to the east of the Eagle Empire.

The Vulcan class of light cruisers, although a bit old since it's the first AA ships class, was still quite efficient even during the "War of the Empires", with twelve twin mount of 12.7 cm dual-purpose guns, 4 triple mounts of 40 mm AA guns, 10 triple mounts of 28 mm AA guns, 10 single mounts of 20 mm AA guns and lastly two twin torpedo launchers of 533 cm. 

As the war progressed, they gave the ship a quick retrofit, changing the 12.7 cm guns by 14 cm dual-purpose guns that were equipped with auto-loaders and could use shrapnel shells that have proximity fuzes, the most efficient AA shells ever used; two new 40 mm AA guns replaced two of the 28 mm AA guns, the torpedo tubes were removed and an AA radar and fire directors for the main guns were added.

Because the ship was too small to provide suitable quarters for the whole crew of the Vulcan class, the torpedo tubes were removed to open some more space and the armor before and after the retrofit was the same, very light protection was provided by it, but this helped the ship to achieve a great speed of 33 knots exactly, which was a very good one considering the armament of the class and this made them very effective to quickly position for AA against aircraft.

Vulcan and Windstorm received the very same appearance schemes, in the day before the war. Maybe that was a mistake since this forced Vulcan to not be present at the Bright Water Harbor to defend from Yama's and Ki's aircraft. Their appearance is quite simple: They are colored with celestial blue and have drawings of white fluffy clouds, but in the bow tip you have a gold ornament of a gold medal of a plane with a broken wing and falling. The appearance should represent "Clean Skies".

[\< Ship Version >/]

Vulcan is a shipgirl slightly taller than average, with two eyes with a light blue color, accompanied by long blonde hair usually in a letdown style and with the tips dyed with the color of navy blue. Someone had a great idea to prank Vulcan with glitter one day and this result in the shiny little things she has on the hair and don't get away doesn't matter how hard she tries, all she can do is wait for her hair to grow and she is able to remove the glitter... But she wants to keep her hair around the same height so it might take some long time until all glitter is removed (whoever did this to her must have put glue in the glitter). She has a body with great curves and covered with fair skin that has a scar just a bit above the chest area. It's nearly impossible to see this scar of hers since it's under the military uniform she wears. On the chest, you can see her medals for taking down so many aircraft. She also carries with her a belt-fed machine gun she named "Dragon", with a little drawing of the Eagle Flag on it and with a strap so she can carry it more easily. This also intimidates people.

Out on the seas, she wears some armor plates on both arms, covering the upper arms and the forearms. Her machine gun is already her six main guns since it shoots the same amount of bullets as all the five main guns combined in the same amount of time. The other six are displayed over the armor plates of her upper arm, while the 40 mm AA guns are on the forearms. The 28 mm AA guns are displayed four on each shoulder, her 20 mm AA guns are on her legs, her fire director is on her right wrist and lastly her AA radar in on her left wrist.

Although her shiny hair catches the attention of the people around her, she's very quiet and prefers to be alone, mostly by locking herself in the quarter and taking her time to do some indoor alone activities. If she has to leave her quarter, she would have that machine gun to scare other people away. Ever her siblings aren't able to chat with her since she acts mean and arrogant when people speak with her, but that's compensated by her great skills in battle, which already lead to many victories to acquire air superiority and supremacy. She can show a kind side, however, if you're close enough, but that's something nearly impossible.

"They can have the seas, they can have the underseas but while we have the airpower, the advantage is ours"

________

Windstorm is a tall shipboy, considerably taller than her sister and therefore than the average height as well. He has short white hair kept in an organized style, with the right side entirely dyed navy blue while the left is dyed red, but only in the tips. His eyes are navy blue and red, matching with the hair, but on the opposite sides... A unique thing about him is that he's mute. His body is lightly fit, with fair skin covering it. He likes to wear a white shirt in which the sleeves are short and let his upper arm muscles showing a bit; a pair of navy blue trousers and black boots. He has a flower in the collar of his shirt which he uses to impress other people, shipgirls who are not his sister more specifically. He also carries with him a notepad that he uses to communicate with other people and a spear that's really special for him.

Out on the seas, he would like to wear a military navy uniform in the blueberry camouflage, with all his main guns displaced in the arms, three on each forearm and three on each upper arm. His 28 mm AA guns would be placed in the shoulder while the 40 mm were all displayed in the spear and the 20 mm AA guns were placed in the spaces between the main guns of the forearm. Lastly, he has the fire director on the back of his right hand while the radar is on the back of his left hand. The spear he has proved to have a special power to control the wind, but he can only use it for a few seconds, before it needs a break to be used again.

Obviously, Windstorm is a very quiet shipboy, but he's very outgoing, not minding if he's different from the others, he just wants to make a friend. He also uses his kind side to approach shipgirls together with his flirty side, always trying to flatter them and make them interested in him. He successfully got some girls' attention, but he noticed them doesn't really love him for what he is, so he just ends breaking up and searching for someone else as simple as that. He's also someone who values the appearance a lot, as he often looking at his reflection.

"Actions speak louder than words"
- Abraham Lincoln -