- Mummy Class Cruiser -

# Ship Version

During the War of the two gods Light and Dark, one of the toughest areas of the war was close to a desert region. The Mummy cruisers and the Naja battleship were the protectors of those areas... However, in such infertile land, the need for imported goods from the nations that were aligned to Light or Dark was needed. At that time, Naja was willing to side with Light but most Mummy cruisers were seeing Dark as their hope - starting the conflict of that area. After their defeat, those Mummy cruisers were banished to live with Dark... While its projects were lost and in the real world, they were preserved in the Halloween Empire, receiving lots of upgrades that would make them more capable of fighting. Though they were more than capable to deal with the War of the Empires era warships, they never stood a chance against the gatekeepers. The most notable cruisers of the class are Kissa and Ini-Herit II, all named after their own captains.

Those Mummy cruisers, in terms of design, have a very strong similarity with the Sun Empire cruisers and are armed with about seven triple 20.3 cm guns displayed with four on the bow and three on the aft, six twin mounts of 12.7 cm dual-purpose guns, two mounts of 10 cm dual-purpose guns, 20 triple mounts of 25 mm AA guns, 12 single mounts of 9.7 mm AA guns and two quadruple 600 mm torpedo launchers. The warship class also has a few magical peculiarities that make them unique. The first one being the main and dual-purpose guns which are magically enhanced - all the shells, AP or HE, that the guns fire will be set on magical fire which does not burn or explode the shell midway to the target, but instead it only helps the shell to cause more damage by setting the hit target on real fire. It can, however, set the warship who fired them on fire. The second peculiarity is on the funnels. Since there was no need for funnels to these magically moved warships, they instead had a "Creator of Sand" magic, making the funnels fill with sand until they are full. Those funnels can be set open or closed to let the sand fly in the sky... Wind magic at the bottom of the funnels often makes the sand fly high and fast around the area, causing sandstorms in which it's difficult to see. The last, but not least peculiarity of the ship, it has the "Emerald Eye of Naara". It's a big green magical spherical crystal placed on the bridge and it works like a spotlight of sorts or a very accurate radar. The crystal has a small crack in the front that should help indicate which direction is forward - When aimed at a certain direction it will reveal for the person behind it everything in that direction, countering bad visibility problems. The crystal shines in green and the crack on it looks like the pupil of an eye.

Having no planes or catapults aboard, the cruiser of the Halloween Empire relies defensively on a very thin armor that makes the warship extremely fragile. Despite the desire of the navy to enhance the armor of the warship to at least be good against light cruiser guns, it was decided that the ship would solely rely on the speed of close to 38.5 knots and maneuverability that allowed very sharp curves to dodge most of the things that come to hit it. Because the Halloween Empire could not define if their own strategy of relying on speed was a good one, later they separated the class into two subclass - The LA subclass, which stands for Light Armor (must not confuse with Los Angeles) and the HA subclass, which stands for heavy armor. It's self-explanatory, the LA was the first original plans of the Mummy cruiser and the HA is are a more heavily armored warship that can stand at least a light cruiser's gun and has better protected essential areas but the speed is greatly reduced to 33 knots.

In appearance, the Mummy cruisers were known to be very much like Mummy warships, looking that's covered by layers and layers of and yellowish or beige-ish paper-like material - which can easily be confused as toilet paper with a goldish color. On the layers going diagonally in the bow of the warship, you have what seems to be some hieroglyphics, often talking about a specific episode that happened in the life of the captain of the warship when he or she was alive. Intentionally, the bridge of the warship was painted all black inside, so it looks like the ship is alive and it has its very own eye. Sarcophaguses were also added to decorate the warships, on the side of the funnel and the cruisers that were from even before the war of the gods had a scepter with a cobra around it since their sailors used to help Naja with the defense of the desert and some worshipped the battleship as a god they could come to ask for help. Often, the cruisers also had countless sand scorpions walking around... They can be thrown at the other enemy ships if needed, but it's very useless when it comes to fighting gatekeepers in which the crew is dead already.