Wheels

Cheerios practice involved a lot more gimmicks and yelling since Coach Sylvester kicked Quinn Fabray off the team. Their latest routine involved various jump ropes. No matter how hard they worked, how perfect they executed the routine, they never met Sue Sylvester's extremely high standards. Quinn and Finn watched their latest routine from the bleachers of the gymnasium, watching their friends do flips and tricks with the jump rope, as they talked about the medical bills that they didn't know how to pay.

After Quinn left Finn sitting there, trying to manufacture a plan to pay their bills, Jacob Ben Israel started to interview Coach Sue, "My blog has lit up with comments suggesting you don't have a shot at Nationals since you lost Quinn Fabray."

"No, the Cheerios are stronger than ever. We're gonna take Nationals with this routine." Sue raises her bullhorn, ready to yell at her Cheerios after they finished their routine, "Mediocre. Hit the showers."

Mr. Schue walked into the choir room and immediately started distributing the sheet music for Sectionals, "All right, guys. We're doing a new number for Sectionals. I know that pop songs have sort of been our signature pieces, but I did a little research on past winners, and it turns out that the judges like songs that are more accessible. Stuff they know. Uh, standards, Broadway."

Kurt looks down at his sheet music, stoked to see the title from one of his favorite musicals, "What, "Defying Gravity"? I have an iPod shuffle dedicated exclusively to selections from Wicked. This is amazing."

Mr. Schue smiled at him, glad that he had approval for his song selection, "Think you can handle it, Rachel?"

"It's my go-to shower song. It's also my ringtone."

Not seeing her best friend's crushed face, Mercedes frowned more concerned why she wasn't considered for the solo, "Why do we have to go all vanilla on this song? See, what we need is my chocolate thunder."

"Okay, we don't have time to rearrange a song for you, Mercedes. Rachel is singing it. Don't worry, we'll find something for you to dip in chocolate. On to item two. The school won't pay for the special bus we need to take Artie and his wheelchair with us to sectionals."

Tina looked between their teacher and her disabled boyfriend, "W-w-what?!"

"That's completely unfair."

"So we're going to have to raise money to pay for it ourselves. See, when I was in glee club, and we needed new silk cummerbunds for regionals, we held a bake sale."

Santana laughed in response to Will's suggestion, "You're joking, right? I mean, bake sales are kind of bougie."

"So hip people stopped eating delicious sugary treats?"

"No one says hip anymore," Dani corrected their teacher's use of outdated slang, earning scattered murmurs of agreement.

Britt stared at the back of Dani's head, "It's not that? It's most of us? Don't know how to bake? I find ... recipes confusing."

"My family is fully committed to takeout," Rachel informed the club, making it known that she does not possess the skills of baking.

"Yeah, Mr. Schue, kids are busier than when you went here. We've got homework and football and teen pregnancy," Finn stared off in space, realizing that he was announcing his problems. "... lunch."

Dani raised her hand happily, "I'm in. I love to bake."

"Can't Artie's dad just take him?" Mercedes asked, shocking Mr. Schue and Artie with the suggestion.

"I can't believe how insensitive you're all being. Are you a team?"

"Of course. But Artie understands, don't you, Artie?" Quinn questions, putting the decision on Artie.