Saturday Night Glee-ver

Blaine, Mike and Brittany called the New Directions to the auditorium for a performance they put together the day before. The Glee Club claps for the three's performance of the Bee Gees' "You Should Be Dancing". Mr. Schue claps meeting us on stage, "Wow, guys, what brought this on?"

"Well, we know this year's nationals theme was "Vintage," so we thought we needed something old, but something with a lot of energy. So we thought: disco," Blaine breathlessly explained to the teacher, high-fiving his two dance partners.

"Absolutely. I don't know if I ever told you guys this, but back when I was in Glee Club, we took it all the way to Nationals with the pure power of unadulterated disco," Mr. Schue tells his students, reminding his original seven of the second week of Glee when he wanted them to do "Le Freak" at the Assembly.

"On numerous occasions," Dani grumbled, longing to be on the stage dancing with Blaine, Mike and Brittany. 

Nate nodded, seeing Mr. Schue's eyes darting between Dani and him, "Yes, more than once."

Though she had been a part of the New Directions for a very limited time, Madi even knew Mr. Schue's deep seeded love for the dead type of music, "Pretty much every chance you get."

 "Well, there's only one problem with that idea," Puck interjected, agreeing with his three friends as he takes his arm off the back of Dani's chair.

"And what's that?"

All the New Directions yells at the History teacher, "Disco sucks!"

After consulting with Sue Sylvester, Mr. Schue and Sue constructed a plan for the Glee Club that would act as a helpful push for his seniors that he was concerned about. The New Directions gather in the choir room for their morning rehearsal, finding that in place of the typical tiled floor was a platformed dance floor. As each member of the show choir discovered the plexiglas floor, they stood at the edge of it and stared in confusion. 

Brittany led Blaine and Joe into the choir room, raising her eyebrows as Blaine applauded the new floor, "Did someone steal our floor?" 

"Don't worry, we'll have it back by the end of the week. In the meantime, Sue has lent us her-

Coach Sylvester cuts Mr. Schue off, smiling proudly down at the brightly lit floor, "...my very own personal, one-of-a-kind, lit-from- within, shatterproof, Plexiglas dance floor. Modeled, of course, on the dance floor immortalized by a young, musky John Travolta at the height of his potency in the legendary dansical Saturday Night Fever."

"Coach Sylvester, while we applaud your proper use of the terminology, we told Mr. Schue we do not support disco in this room," Rachel speaks on behalf of the team who mostly hates disco. 

Case in point being Puck, who was wearing a black t-shirt that says: DISCO SUCKS. Mr. Schue sucks his teeth, seeing a few of his students sigh at Rachel's denouncement of disco, "Ah, but some of you do. So for this week's assignment, we are going back in time to the songs of Saturday Night Fever."

"Come on, Mr. Schue. That's, like, a record our parents listen to," Finn groans, offending the two teachers and not realizing that Blaine's inspiration for the dance number from the day before was the aforementioned movie. 

"That album, teen Solomon Grundy, is one of the best-selling soundtracks of all time."

Mr. Schue lightly laughed at Sue informing Finn about the success of the film, "Tony Manero's story is your story. He's a guy who works at a paint store, struggling to figure out his life. And the only time he feels sure about himself is when he's performing on the dance floor. He has a dream. To get out of his old neighborhood in Brooklyn and get to New York City. And by the end of the movie, that's what he's done. He's turned his dream into a plan."