Journey

"In spite of everything that's happened this year: Quinn getting pregnant-"

"Your twin brother terrorizing us?" Kurt interjected, cutting Dani off as she drove him, Mercedes and Mike to Mr. Schuester's apartment for the Regionals Setlist nomination party.

Dani narrowed her eyes at Kurt, meeting her friend's eyes through the rearview mirror, "Let me finish will you? What I was saying is that in spite of everything that's happened this year, I can honestly say that it's been a great year. I've made friendships I wouldn't trade for the world and I really hope we win Saturday."

Mike rests his cold hand on top of her's as she puts the car in park, turning to look over his shoulder to smile at Kurt and Mercedes, "It's been a good year."

Mr. Schue invited the New Directions to come to his apartment for pizza and setlist nominations but when they all came together the thirteen students were overwhelmed by the thoughts of impending doom. Mr. Schue followed Quinn out of the kitchen, "Right. I'm...Yeah. No one wants any pizza? All right, well, uh, let's get started. Thank you for coming to the first annual New Directions' Regionals' setlist nominations party."

"What's the point, Mr. Schue? Coach Sylvester's one of the judges. She's gonna crush us."

"Artie, you don't know that."

Santana corrected Mr. Schue divulging a piece of information no one but two of the Cheerios knew, "Yes, we do. She told us at Cheerios practice."

Brittany nodded, crossing her legs Indian style, "Yeah, she said, "I'm going to crush Glee Club"."

"A whole freaking year. All that hard work for nothing."

After Puck's infuriated outburst, Tina started crying beside him, " I'm sorry. I just really love you guys. You know how many Facebook friends I had before I joined Glee Club? Two. My parents. Rachel was right. Being a part of something special- it made me special. I just can't believe it's going to be over in a week."

Finn looked frantically around the room to see that everyone seemed to be in agreement that Glee Club was over, "Wait. Who says it's going to be over?"

Mercedes scoffed, "Please. You think Puck and Santana are going to even acknowledge my existence once we're not in Glee Club together anymore?"

Puck shrugged innocently, "She has a point."

Rachel looked up from her hands, tears streaming down her face, "Mr. Schuester? Do you think instead of nominating songs, we can just... all go around the room and talk about things that we loved about Glee Club this year?"

"Dani, can I ask you a question?"

Dani kept scratching her pen across her paper, continuing to write her paper for History, "I believe you just did, but please continue."

Quinn snatched the pen out of her friend's hand, laughing, "This is serious. I want to ask you if you'd want to be in the delivery room with me and Puck. It seems only fitting that my best friend be with me until the very end, since you've been there for me since the beginning."

"Of course, anything for you. I can't wait to meet the mini Fabray," Dani squealed, wrapping her arms tightly around her best friend's neck. As Quinn smiled back at her friend, Dani reclaimed her pen, "Now let me do my assignment before Mr. Schue comes in and makes us rehearse for Regionals."

Mr. Schue arrived in the choir room, immediately followed by Finn and Rachel, "Mr. Schuester, Finn and I have something we want to say to you."

"Me first. Have a seat. Nine months ago, there were six of you in here. And we sucked. I mean, we really sucked. Bad. One day, all of you are going to be gone. And all of this, all of us will be nothing but a hazy memory. It will take you a second to remember everyone's name. Someone will have to remind you of the songs we sung, the solos you got or didn't get. Life only really has one beginning and one end, and the rest is just a whole lot of middle. And I love you guys too much to let you not make the most of it. Now, I was going to quit once, but you guys brought me back with "Don't Stop Believing." It was a nine, but we are going to make it a ten."