Prom Queen

Mr. Schue came from Principal Figgins' office, writing the word 'PROM' across the whiteboard, earning squeals from the excited girls and the groans of the boys dreading the high school right of passage, "Alright, guys – prom."

Sam and Dani share a look of horror, both grimacing at the thought, "Please tell me we're not doing songs about prom."

Mr. Schue laughs at their joint concern, "Nope – we are the prom. Figgins has asked us to perform."

"Let's do "Run Joey Run"," Rachel squeals excitedly, earning many skeptical looks from her classmates that were present the first time Rachel performed it.

"Now, I know this isn't ideal with Nationals coming up, but we really don't have a choice. And, we could really use the money. But I know that prom is a special rite of passage. I want to make sure that all of you guys get a chance to enjoy the dance, too. So we're gonna stag at the performances so that each and every one of you has a lot of time to dance with your dates."

"Excuse me," Mercedes excuses herself, leaving the choir room upset. 

Mr. Schue watches the junior leave the room upset, then turning back to her friends for an explanation, "Is she okay?"

Quinn shrugs, nonchalantly, when explaining Mercedes' explanation, "Mercedes doesn't have a date for prom."

"So? I don't have a date. I'm just going to dance. And then all of your dates are gonna ignore you and come dance with me, so...your dates are really my dates," Britt shrugs, winking at Dani.

Kurt jumps out of his seat, going to go after his friend, "I'm gonna go talk to Mercedes."

However, Rachel claims the responsibility, leaving the choir room to chase after Mercedes Jones, "No, let me."

Kurt, Blaine and Danielle sat in a booth at Breadstix, talking about Mr. Schue's brilliant idea of having the Glee Club perform at Prom. Blaine was trying to give Kurt and Dani ideas for songs they could sing when Kurt reaches across the table, taking Blaine's hand, "Give me your hand. Blaine Warbler, will you go to junior prom with me?"

"Prom?"

"It'll be the social event of the season. You don't want to go to prom with me?" When he didn't get the response he wanted, Kurt pulled his hand away from Blaine's.

"No, no, no, of course, of course I want to go with you! It's just...prom."

Kurt crossed his arms across his chest, pouting at Blaine, "What about prom, Blaine?"

"At my old school, there was a Sadie Hawkins dance, and...I had just come out. So I asked a friend of mine, the only other gay guy in the school. While we were waiting for his dad to pick us up, these three guys, um, beat the living crap out of us."

Dani grabbed her adopted son's hand, rubbing her thumb comfortingly across his knuckles, "I...I-I'm so sorry."

"I'm...I'm out and I'm proud and all, this is just still a bit of a sore spot."

"This is perfect. You couldn't face up to the bullies at your school, so you can do it at mine. We could do it together. But I have to say, Blaine, that if it makes you uncomfortable at all, we'll just forget about prom. We'll go to a movie instead."

Blaine reaches across the table, grabbing Kurt's hand with his free one, "I am crazy about you."

"So I'll take that as a yes?"

"Yes." Blaine snorted as Kurt jumped excitedly in his seat, "You and I are going to the prom."

"And there is absolutely no way that I can convince you to come to Prom with us?" Kurt laughed, smacking Dani's forearm with his napkin.