I Do

Dani came into town early for the Schuester-Pillsbury wedding and when she arrived at her house she received a phone call from Finn Hudson, asking for her to meet him at The Lima Bean for some advice. She walked into the coffee shop, finding Finn sitting in one of the armchairs by the window with a coffee waiting for her. He handed her the French Vanilla roast coffee, smiling gratefully at her, "Thanks for coming to meet me."

Dani tried to meet his eyes, only to find that his were trained on the floor, "Finn, what's going on right now? You look like you slept in those clothes. And you won't even look at me."

"I kissed Miss Pillsbury," he quickly announced, immediately regretting his decision to tell her and not Rachel. He knew that if he told Rachel, Dani wouldn't have to be disappointed in him but he knew that she deserved to know that truth since they had agreed when he came back from Georgia that they were starting fresh and working at getting back together.

The blonde was both shocked and hurt by his announcement, confused as to why this kiss had happened and what he was going to do about it. She cleared her throat, looking down at the coffee that she held between her hands, "Did she kiss you back?"

He shook his head, silently cursing himself when he saw how hurt the woman he loves was upon hearing his latest mistake, "No, she was totally freaked out by it. I don't even know how it happened. We've been spending all this time together, and then... she was there having a panic attack, and I remembered that time when we kissed and it helped stop your panic attack. I just felt the need to... And I kissed her, and I'm so sorry..."

"Does Mr. Schue know?" she quietly asked, reminding herself that she wasn't the only one who would be hurt by this information. 

"I don't... I don't think so. I don't think she'd tell him, but... maybe I should."

Dani raised her eyes from her cup, softly shaking her curls, "No. Don't. Just... don't. Remember how you felt about Puck when you found out about him and Quinn? You kicked a garbage can."

Finn hid his face in his hands, loudly groaning, "I'm the worst person in the world! Not only did I kiss an engaged woman, I kissed someone who wasn't you. And I've hurt you again."

"No, you're not. What you did, it wasn't great, but I get it. You're spending a lot of time together and... and lonely. I'm a little hurt but I understand and I can't control who you kiss since we're not together."

He lifted his red face from his cold hands, meeting her light eyes, "So we're okay?"

She softly smiled at him, swallowing her prideful need to hold this against him, "Yeah, we're okay. And as far as what you need to do, you need to be Mr. Schue's best man. He doesn't need to know."

The next afternoon, after Mr. Schue asked Finn to sing for his best man's toast, Finn sent Dani about two dozen texts asking her to meet him at the McKinley High auditorium to help him. By the time she finally saw the messages and could leave her house, it was an hour later, "Where have you been? I asked you to come, like, an hour ago."

She held her hands up innocently, making her way through the audience to meet him on stage, "I'm sorry. My mom and dad were both home today and held me hostage, asking about Yale and Mr. Schue's wedding."

"Mr. Schue asked me to sing him a song as my best man toast. So far, I've narrowed it down to "Confessions" by Usher, "My Best Friend's Girl," and "Lyin' Eyes" by the Eagles. I can't... I can't go through with this."

She took him by the hands, tossing his bad and incriminating song selections aside, "You're gonna be fine, all right? As long as you don't sing any of those songs. I'll sing with you. We can do a duet. I'll take the lead, and you can just sway in the background if you have to."