Hell-O

"Hello dear sister, you on your way to Glee Club rehearsal?" Dave asked, throwing his arm across her narrow shoulder, as he squeezed her in between him and Azimio.

"Hi, Dani. You look nice today," Azimio chuckled as she squirmed under the weight of her older brother's arm, tightening his hold on his plastic cup from 7leven.

Dani looked between the pair, seeing the three cups of red colored ice and realized why they were guiding her through the halls, "Who are they for?"

Before they answered her, she heard the sound of her friend's voice. "Get used to it, guys, we're stars now, on par with all the jocks and popular kids; oh it's the dawn of a new era here at McKinley, and we are going to rule this school!"

As Kurt Hummel, Mercedes Jones and Rachel Berry rounded the corner, Karofsky and Azimio threw their slushies at Rachel, Kurt and Mercedes. They three froze as the sticky, red substance hit them, seeing who their attackers' companion was. Karofsky smirked, releasing his sister as he and Azimio continued to walk past them, "Ooh, welcome to Losertown!"

"Population you!"

Dani directed the three into the girl's restroom, helping them clean off their clothes and get the sugary substance out of their hair, feeling guilty for being related to the Glee Club's notorious slushier, "I am so sorry about Dave and Z, they're jerks. If I could convince them not to slushie y'all, I would do it in a heartbeat."

"Why do you hang out with them if you think they're jerks?" Mercedes inquired as she held her hat under the hand dryer.

Yet again, Danielle Karofsky was faced with the dilemma of revealing her sibling's identity at the risk of her friendships with the people that hated him the most. The people who currently knew her surname that was not of the teaching staff at William McKinley High School included Azimio Adams, Quinn Fabray, Finn Hudson, Noah Puckerman, and Mike Chang, all of whom have promised to keep her family name out of public knowledge. But if Glee Club has taught her anything, it was that the truth always had a way of coming out and your friends will always be there for you no matter the differences.

Taking her momentary silence as an answer, Kurt assumed the worst about why she would spend time with two of the school's biggest jerks and not once receive a slushie facial, "Please tell me you aren't dating one of them."

"Oh God no, why does everyone assume that?" Dani gasped, choking on her laughter when the look of relief blanketed her three companions' faces. "Dave is my brother."

"I did not see that coming," Mercedes laughed as the three left the girl's restroom and made their way to the choir room for rehearsals.

Mr. Schue marches to the whiteboard, drawing a stick figure with a speech bubble above it's head with the word 'HELLO'. Pointing to his sketch with the end of his marker, he repeats the greeting, "Hello."

When he's met with confusion and an overall silence from the group, he repeats himself, drawing out the word, "Helloooo? What do you guys say when you answer the phone?"

"What up?"

After Mercedes Jones' adequate response Artie Abrams makes a phone out of his fingers, bringing his hand to his ear, "Who dis be?"

"This is she, not he. We may have the same birthday but it doesn't mean we're the same person," Dani laughed, remembering every phone call she had with a doctor's office or a relative. When she received scattered looks of confusion, she simply shrugged, "People think we sound similar over the phone, I don't understand it either."

"No, she's dead, this is her son."

With no one knowing how to react to Kurt Hummel's supposed greeting, Mr. Schue broke the awkward silence by continuing his lesson plan for the week, "O-kay. Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of the telephone, liked to say, "ahoy, ahoy" when he answered the phone. It was Edison who decided that "hello" was a more appropriate greeting. Look. I am really proud of what you guys did at sectionals. But, as most of you have realized by now, it hasn't made a bit of difference in your day-to-day at school."