The Rise And Fall of Sue Sylvester

"I'm back!"

Mr. Schuester turned in his seat, seeing one of his original six New Directions standing behind him. He happily escapes his seat, leaning over the row of seats to embrace the Yale student, "Dani! Oh my goodness, what are you doing here?"

She returned the hug, waving at the McKinley students greeting her from the stage as she sat down beside him, "Well I'm in town to see my parents. My mom said she had something she needed to tell me in person. And Sectionals is coming up and I figured you could use some help with choreography."

"Thank you so much, Dans. We appreciate it. With Kurt gone on his honeymoon and Rachel back in New York, I'm flying solo."

She nudges him lightly in the ribs with her elbow, "Back to our roots, huh? Anything I can do to help."

A short brunette skipped on stage, seeing the college student seated in the audience with Mr. Schue, "Hi."

Confused by the small child standing on stage with the seven New Directions, Dani leaned forward and politely smiled at him, "Hey kiddo. Are you here visiting an older sibling?"

Kitty snorted at Dani's question, rolling her eyes at Myron's gasps of protest, "Actually this is our latest member, Myron Muskovitz."

The twenty year old turned to her old high school teacher, more confused about his presence than she had been beforehand, "How is that possible? He's so young."

"I'm a child star," Myron shrugged smugly, failing to mention the fact that he begged his uncle the Superintendent to move him up three grades purely so he could perform with the McKinley High School New Directions. 

Mr. Schue laughed at the look of astonishment on his former student's face, clapping to get the room's attention to commence rehearsal for the afternoon, "All right, let's see what you guys have been working on."

The eight New Directions took the stage, singing Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne's "Rather Be". Each of the students had their own part solo and on multiple occasions the older kids had to redirect Myron in the group because he was trying to take the spotlight, but overall they were really good. 

Mr. Schue and Dani had noticed during their performance that the newlywed couple, Kurt and Blaine Hummel-Anderson, sadly entered the auditorium. At the end of the song, the adults in the room applauded them. Mr. Schue rose to his feet, whooping, "All right! Great job, guys."

"That was really impressive," Dani complimented, following Mr. Schue to the sad looking Kurt and Blaine.

Mr. Schue granted the teenagers a quick break, sitting in front of the husbands, "Thank you so much. Okay, now I know you guys probably still have vacation brain, but any pointers would really help us out. Guys, thoughts?"

It wasn't until leaning against the row ahead of them when Dani noticed the puffy, bloodshot eyes of her show choir son, "What is going on with you, guys?"

Blaine looked up from his blank stare, sniffling as Kurt ran his thumb over his knuckles, "There was a fire at Dalton. It burned to the ground. There's nothing left. Academy's gone."

The next afternoon, after many phone calls and frantic conversations, Mr. Schue called the New Directions to the choir room for an emergency meeting, "Thank you, everyone, for coming to this emergency Glee Club meeting. Now, as I'm sure everyone in this room is aware of by now, Dalton Academy has burned to the ground. Now, I've gathered you all here today because Blaine, Kurt and myself have been talking and... although just a moment ago, we could only see the Warblers as our competition, now it's time for us to see them as a friend and ally. We have made the decision to make some lemonade out of these lemons and join together as a show choir super group. This is an opportunity for all of us. We need them just as much as they need us."