Chapter 7- competitive gamers

YOONGI POV:

My eyes fall onto Jiminie's purpling left hand and wrist, swelling beginning to happen already, sinking to my knees to gently grasp the hand and examine it properly. A storm of guilt is bubbling and brewing inside me, I just the worst moment clearly to go off to see if there was a café nearby- planning on treating him afterwards. And I'd come back to this?!

"Oh baby, hyung is so, so sorry." I breathe, looking up to see pain in his eyes, lip being bitten in attempt to hold back any sounds of pain.

He smiles at me, slightly wavery but genuine, nonetheless.

"Don't worry hyung, you couldn't have stopped it. It was just meant to happen." He says, shrugging his shoulders.

But that doesn't abate the concern and worry and all I can think of is how he needs medical attention immediately.

"You must've struggled so much trying to get off the rink with an injury." I say, eyes constantly drawn back to the sight of him cradling his left hand.

"Huh? No I didn't, I got help she's right here---" he tails off and when I look at him, I see him twisting to his side staring quizzically at the vacant seat next to him.

He didn't hit his head did he? The question is whispered worriedly into my mind.

I stare at him, panicking slightly.

"Hyung she was just here! She helped me off the ice and stayed with me until you came." He insists, gesturing to the seat and just as I'm about to help him up and drive him to the hospital straight away, he lets out a triumphant yell, hand darting down to lift something up, waving it in front of me.

In his hand is a pair of baby pink mittens. I look at them confused.

"She was wearing them." And with that statement, I let the worry of a concussion wipe away.

"We still need to get that hand checked though. Are you hurt anywhere else?" I ask, hands already undoing his skates and drawing them off, helping him into his shoes before drawing him up- arms firm on his waist.

And when we reach home the others fuss and draw him close, pampering him and showering him with affection as they cuddle him. But even so, Jiminie is more than happy to settle down between them and regale them with the full tale- finally filling me in too on the girl he said had helped him, the girl who'd come from nowhere to offer a pink mitten hand.

The maknaes aww and have a giggle over the small size of the mittens but he tucks them away safely- claiming that he'd have to find her to return them to her. it's cute the way he preciously puts them away later on, smiling unconsciously at them.

Whoever helped him seemed nice, to go extend that hand when she didn't need to. I'd love to meet her and thank her myself- feeling slightly disappointed that I had just missed her.

(Y/N) POV:

Habaek oppa's words float around my mind as I get ready for bed and even as I wake the next day. He hadn't been wrong in saying it. It wouldn't be bad at all to get back into a hobby or spending time out doing something I enjoy.

And the idea of the arcade swirled temptingly around me, whirling around my mind as I help cut fruit for breakfast and flip the French toast on the pan, tuning out the hum of chatter and sizzles and the coffee machine whirring to life.

"(Y/N)... sweetheart." Mi-sun unnie nudges me out of my silent thoughts, careful to make sure that her gentle action doesn't send the knife slipping and sliding across my skin.

"Yes unnie...?" I look at her confused. Had she been saying something? How long had she stood there?

"Aigoo...you're too cute. I was saying let's sit down and eat. Tell me what's going on in that pretty head." She says, pecking my nose before grabbing the plate of sliced fruit as she nudges me towards the table, looking at me eagerly once we're all seated.