Chapter 35- familiar love, unfamiliar hope

HOBI POV:

"Joonie, you got a text." I say distractedly as I continue to spam his camera roll with Tae and my photos- the camera roll steadily filling up with our faces doing a range of expressions.

"Ooh hyung let's do a hot pose!" Tae says, bouncing in his seat next to me.

"And then save it as his background?" I say, already clued into his train of thought. He nods, grinning but then his smile slides off, eyes focusing on the notification that comes through again.

"It's (Y/N)!" he exclaims, finger tapping onto it without a second thought, his loud words drawing Joonie's attention from his book, surprise alighting his eyes behind his thin framed glasses.

"What's it say?" he asks, already rising from the armchair, elbow dangerously close to toppling the mug over.

"Thank you for the flowers Namjoon, you don't need to apologise. I love them!" Tae reads out, shooting a confused look to Joonie who's flushing with happiness, dimples appearing.

"There's another one." I say. He steps forward just as Tae speaks again.

Maybe we'll get to finish that conversation about why you should be head chef and not Seokjin. Don't tell him but you have my vote of faith! Smiley face." Tae finishes speaking before commenting.

"Hey! Why do I still not have her number, hyung just give it to me." he wheedles but makes no attempts to steal it from the phone in his hand, still respecting her privacy for all that he moans and grumbles about it.

And then..

"Hyung why'd you send flowers? And why do I always seem to miss her?" he grouses petulantly, the pout making it impossible to press a kiss to it, my fingers cupping his nape and drawing him close.

"To say sorry for yesterday, and you just saw her though." He comments looking endeared by the lack of argument in Tae's case.

"Ahh...but still! I think it's time I got to spend time with her now. I'll have to use your phone to text her." he says, shrugging and fingers busying themselves as he messages back.

"Wait! At least let me respond, it's rude not to!" Joon-ah says, plucking the phone to send his own message through first before dropping it back onto Tae's lap.

"Let me know if she responds." He says, slowly retreating back to the armchair but though he picks up his book, he continues to shoot occasional glances to the phone.

Tae sighs a moment later, relief in that sound.

"I texted her my number instead to make it easier. Here hyung." He calls, throwing the phone, I watch as it archs in the air- Joon's hand is outstretched to grasp it and yet it falls short and lands on his lap instead.

Tae grins, wriggling happily as he nestles beside me, pushing my legs down so he can lay his head on it, a bright grin on his face.

"Now let's see who her favourite texting buddy is." He mumbles to himself.

I can't help but be endeared by him, by the way he's enjoying himself so much just by texting her- their friendship is blooming and it makes me feel all warm and fond.

And just as Joonie sets his phone down I speak up.

"Hyung won't hand that title to you of all Joon-ah, do you not remember his precious frying pan?" I say teasingly.

Joon shoots me a sheepish look.

"It's about the principles hyung, not the skill we were talking about." He admits.