Chapter 39: The proof

"This is life!" Lauren was enjoying a beautiful sunny afternoon lying on an inflatable lounger in the pool, with a glass of champagne in hand, "NO! It's better than life itself... this is heaven. I just need Cara Delevingne to appear as my maid to refill my glass."

"Lolo loves when I dress up as a maid," Camila commented in passing. The four friends were so relaxed that none of them made an effort to answer the dancer's comment.

After lunch, an injured Juliana had been in charge of cleaning the pool and now her girlfriend and her friends were enjoying the clean water, while she and her little girl were working on the quadbikes. Derek and Sam had tired of the sun and were making good use of the well-equipped game room.

"I love your girlfriend V! Seriously... Let's toast to the sweetie coming into our lives." The Latina raised her glass and the rest followed her.

"I toast to Mr. and Mrs. Wilson who filled the refrigerator with alcohol!" Mariana was already on her third glass, sprawled in one of the lounge chairs next to Shane.

The latter was the next to raise her glass. "I toast to each of us getting what she deserves tonight!" The singer was eager to try the mattress in her room.

"I toast to world peace." Camila said in her best Miss Congeniality impression.

"Can you stop looking at her like that? You are going to dirty the water again!" Lauren warned Valentina, who was also floating on one of the inflatable loungers, and watching Juliana teach her daughter how to drive the already fixed quad-bike. "So much for convincing you to change your bikini!"

It had been very difficult to reassure the brunette when she saw that her girlfriend was getting ready to sunbathe with her friends again in her white bikini. If Derek and Sam hadn't shown up in time to hold her, they all knew they would have to get the first aid box out again. Therefore wisely, and with several requests from her friends, Valentina changed her bikini and did not remove her dress until she reached the water, making sure Kara and the bikes were keeping her girlfriend busy.

"I can't help it!" The photographer defended herself. "She has me hypnotised!" She added as she took a sip from her glass.

"Can we look at her too?" Camila asked.

"You guys turn around and I'll convince my daughter to sleep with her aunts tonight!" She was not in the mood for Camila.

"Don't you dare look at her darling!" Nothing was going to spoil the Latina's night.

"LOOK MOM! I CAN HANDLE IT!" Kara circled the pool on her quad and stopped just in sight of her mother. "I KNOW HOW TO BRAKE NOW!"

"Very good darling! But tell your mother that I do not want you to drive without a helmet." One of the two had to be the spoilsport mother. "And tell her that I love her," the messages returned.

After a while they heard the noise of the motorbike again. The little girl returned with a helmet on her head. "Mommy says that she loves you more than Cristiano Ronaldo loves himself... and she also says that you need to pull up your bikini straps," the little girl did not wait for a reply and took off on her new toy.

"How the hell did she manage to see them from there?" Valentina raised her hand and shook it towards her girlfriend as if to say, 'No chance am I getting strap marks.'

"VALENTINA!" Her friends challenged her when they saw how Juliana left what she was doing to walk furiously towards the pool.

"You couldn't see her calm... you had to wake up the beast!" Lauren hated to have her tanning interrupted. "Say goodbye to clean water and let's go look for a place to hide... DEREK BRING THE FIRST AID KIT!" Lauren screamed indignantly.