Chapter 16: Simple Spectators

As soon as Juliana felt the contact of Valentina's lips with hers, she gave herself fully to the kiss. She placed her arms around the blonde's waist pulling her closer and deepening the kiss, Valentina's lips felt like home. Juliana knew immediately, she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Valentina Carvajal in her arms kissing her like this.

As the kiss continued, their breathing became laboured and their lungs demanded more oxygen. The women were forced to separate.

"Wow!" Was all Valentina managed to whisper. "That was... Incredible." The blonde looked for the brunette's eyes but found them still closed, "Juls, Juliana, please open your eyes?" She asked caressing her face.

"I don't want to open them," said the brunette quietly.

The blonde smiled, "Juls, come on, open your eyes," she insisted and again while caressing the athlete's face.

"No, if I open them, I'll wake up from this dream and you will have left, or someone will interrupt us, or your girlfriend will appear..."

"Ex-girlfriend!" Valentina corrected her while playing along.

"Well either your ex-girlfriend appears, or you get mad at me for something. So I plan to keep my eyes tightly closed to continue dreaming about you." Juliana finished and squeezed her eyes even more.

Valentina slowly approached her mouth and grabbed Juliana's lower lip between her teeth, biting it a little.

"Auchhh. That hurts!" The brunette jokingly complained.

"Did it hurt?" Valentina asked and Juliana nodded with her eyes closed. "Well, like a pinch, so you know it's not a dream. You and I are here, on my terrace. Alone." The blonde whispered. "So, will you do me a favour Miss Valdés, and let me see those beautiful brown eyes that I love so much?" Valentina raised her hands to gently caress each eyelid of the brunette.

Juliana obeyed, she opened her eyes to find a pair of crystal blue eyes staring at her intensely. "It's you... you're real!" She affirmed with a smile, while her right hand moved to stroke the face of the photographer. Valentina melted into the touch. "That kiss was perfect." Valentina smiled, "If there was a kissing contest, they would have to disqualify us for being too perfect!" This time they both smiled.

"Juls."

"Valentina," they both spoke at the same time. "Tell me your majesty," said the brunette taking her hand and kissing it.

Valentina gave the player a little thump on the shoulder for the use of the nickname, she needed a moment to find the words she wanted to say. "Juls, I... I thought you left with the stupid model and..."

The brunette shook her head, "I didn't go anywhere, well... I did, but I didn't leave with her or anyone else. I went for a walk, I needed to think and when I got into the car I saw this..." she went to the sofa to get a beautifully wrapped package, "and I wanted to give it to you tonight."

The blonde took the package and looked at Juliana again, "You shouldn't have," she said.

"What? Returned? Or bought you a gift?" The brunette asked jokingly, she knew that Valentina was referring to the gift.

"The gift smart ass! You didn't have to get me anything." She said as she opened the package, "Besides... My God!... Juliana... this is, it's... beautiful!" Valentina held a silver chain with a ruby ​​pendant in her hands. "And very, very expensive... I can't accept this," she placed it back in the box and tried to return it to Juliana.

"Valentina I'm not asking you to accept it, you are going to accept it, period. Also, what would you wear tomorrow night then?" Juliana asked, smiling mischievously.