Chapter 4: My Daughter, My Parents

"WHO THE HELL IS THIS?"

"I'm Jul..."

"SARA HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO ENTER MY APARTMENT LIKE THIS? THE KEY I GAVE YOU IS FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY!"

"I AM YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND I WILL ENTER THIS HOUSE WHENEVER I DAMN WELL WANT TO! DO YOU HEAR ME? BESIDES WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO, HUH? JUST WAIT UNTIL MISS CARVAJAL DECIDES TO APPEAR?"

While the couple, who were not well matched in Juliana's opinion, continued arguing, the brunette went to the refrigerator, looking for ice. She wrapped it in a cloth she found on the counter and returned to the living room.

"NO SARA, NO. I DO NOT WANT TO GO OUT TO EAT! CAN YOU NOT SEE I HAVE HURT MY FOOT?" The discussion continued.

"Here, put this on." Juliana interrupted, handing the ice to the blonde.

"Thank you." She looked at the redhead again. "IF YOU ARE AS HUNGRY AS YOU SAY, YOU SHOULD'VE EATEN BY YOURSELF, YOU HAVE DONE IT BEFORE!"

"ALONE? DO YOU KNOW HOW EMBARRASSED I WAS WHEN EVERYONE REALISED I HAD BEEN STOOD UP! I AM A RECOGNISED MODEL VALENTINA! NOBODY STANDS ME UP!"

Juliana took advantage of the distraction to walk slowly and silently towards the door. She grabbed the handle before turning to look at the blonde one last time, "Goodbye Valentina," she said softly and without waiting for a response, left the photographer's apartment.

"IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE TYRA BANKS, I'M NOT GOING OUT TO LUNCH WITH YOU! CAN YOU TRY TO UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE HURT MY FOOT AND CANNOT WALK! YOU HAVE NOT EVEN ASKED HOW I AM! IT'S ALWAYS ALL ABOUT YOU! IF IT WERE NOT FOR HER..." she raised her head looking for the woman who had carried her home, but nothing. "She left... she left again."

"Who left?" Sara asked, no longer paying attention to her girlfriend, she had started scrolling through her phone instead.

"Her, the brunette." Valentina looked around her apartment with her eyes waiting for Juliana to appear by magic.

"Well, if... you're... okay..." The model changed the conversation. "The girls just text me. Do you want to go out dancing tonight?"

"Dancing? What are you talking about Sara?" It was difficult for her to return to the conversation since her head was still on the athlete.

"Do you want to go out dancing tonight?" She asked again.

Oh my God! Thought Valentina. "No Sara, I don't want to go out dancing. I'm going to take the afternoon off because I don't think I can move much, and I have to work early tomorrow. And I also want to talk to my daughter today."

"Okay, but you don't mind if I go out right?" The redhead asked although it seemed like she she had already made her mind up and was going to go out anyway.

"No Sara, it doesn't bother me, you can go."

"Ok love, then I'll see you later, okay?" She gave her a short kiss and left as quick as she entered.

"Pfffff," sighed the blonde. "What are you doing with your life Valentina? What are you doing?" She said to herself as she grabbed the ice and put it back on her foot.

While the ice settled on Valentina's swollen ankle, on a nearby street in New York a brunette was muttering to herself that she would never return to this part of the city ever again.

Same night in a city bar

"Hey, can I have a beer for the lady and a Diet Coke for me?" Juliana asked the bartender.

"Diet Coke? Don't tell me you're on a diet, because with the beautiful body you have, I wouldn't believe you." Juliana's companion said while caressing her arm.