Chapter 50. I warned you!

The wedding venue - Two weeks before the wedding

Valentina and all the bridesmaids were finalising the details for the wedding. They had summoned all the people they had hired. The florist, the catering, the musician, the decorators, and even Dorothy from the bakery had come to coordinate with the other contractors.

"NO, NO, NO AND NO!" Lauren got mad at the decorator. "How many times did Valentina tell you that we don't want a stage for a band? This is not a prom; this is a wedding..."

"The wedding that all the media have been talking about," added Shane.

"As we already explained to you, Miss Jauregui, it is necessary to have a band for the special moments where the DJ's music is not adequate," explained the musician.

"Excuse me!" Valentina stood from her seat; she had tried to keep her inner bitch in a passive state due to Camila's continued surveillance. But she was tired. "Let me understand one thing..."

"Brace yourselves," Lauren warned.

"You, the DJ who charged me hundreds of dollars..."

"More like thousands," added Mariana.

"Exactly!" Valentina agreed. "Thousands of dollars for having your stupid music at my wedding..."

"Excuse me..." the man tried to defend himself.

"BE QUIET!" The blonde silenced him.

"That's the Valentina I wanted to see," encouraged the Latina.

"I WANT ALL OF YOU TO TAKE OUT YOUR USELESS NOTEBOOKS RIGHT NOW AND WRITE DOWN THE FOLLOWING," each of the contractors prepared to write. "WE ARE SIMPLE EMPLOYEES WHO DO WHAT MISS CARVAJAL..."

"And her Bridesmaids," Jess had been infected by the other pretentious women.

"AND HER BRIDESMAIDS SAY. I DO NOT QUESTION. I DO NOT ASK. I JUST DO!" She dictated.

"BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY PAY ME FOR!" Added Lauren.

"Mrs. Dorothy, I don't see you writing," Nikki also contributed to the mistreatment. The lady looked at her, mumbled something under her breath, and wrote something down.

"IF SOMEONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH VALENTINA'S REQUIREMENTS," Shane shouted, "YOU CAN LEAVE RIGHT NOW!" They waited to see if there was any movement.

"Perfect!" Said Valentina when she realised none of the people she hired had left. "Now, we are going to give instructions so each of you know what is expected of you, understood?" She asked.

"I think Miss Carvajal asked you something," Lauren pressed. It was like high school all over again.

"Understood!" They said in chorus.

"Good," accepted the photographer. "Jess you can start," she instructed.

"We have decided that we want to change the French menu for an American one," she said looking at the catering representative. "And that the wines are going to be from Napa Valley instead of New York, this way California will be represented at the wedding.

"But that cannot be changed in two weeks..."

"Do you see that door?" Valentina pointed, "If you keep complaining, then that is where you'll go," she told the woman who had dared to speak.

"I'll continue then," Shane said taking out her notes. "As for the room, we think..."

"We don't think, we are sure," Lauren corrected, she was an expert in the art of making a person feel bad.