Chapter 59. Seven?

Two months later - Valentina's photography studio

Juliana arrived straight from a training session and entered her wife's studio at full speed, holding a folder in her hands.

"Good afternoon!" She greeted all of Valentina's co-workers, who were already used to seeing her there.

The brunette didn't even bother to knock, she went directly to her wife's private office. "Valentina..." the image she found gave her more courage, she was desperate to talk to her wife. "Is something wrong?" She asked the blonde who was walking from side to side with Gabriela in her arms.

"I don't know what you do to make her fall asleep so quickly," Valentina approached the brunette at a slow pace. "I've been trying for hours to get her to close her eyes and I have only managed to stop her crying," as soon as they reached the brunette the baby focused her eyes on her.

"What do you think darling? She's a lion, she wants affection." Valentina rolled her eyes.

"Can you try? Lolo and Camz say they've barely slept in two days. They came, they left the little one with me and went home to get some sleep. They also said, we are her godmothers for a reason," she finished.

Juliana laughed at the comment that Lauren had surely made. "Of course, I'll take care of the little lion, but first let me do something," she said, leaving the folder on a chair.

"What do you want...?" She couldn't continue because the brunette's lips sealed hers.

"I missed you all day," she said as soon as they separated. "I could not focus on any of the new plays Arizona was showing us, and in the meeting, I could barely understand what the president was saying." The only thing Juliana had in her mind was Valentina, Valentina and more Valentina. "Now give me my lion," she took the baby out of her arms and began to walk with her.

"Kara stayed at Lucas's?" She asked but received no answer. "Juliana..." she tried again to get the attention of her wife. "Juliana..."

"Come," the brunette came out of her trance and called her wife. Valentina approached her and the baby. "Have you noticed that when she is sleepy, but doesn't want to fall asleep, for fear of missing something, she makes the same frown Lauren does when Camila tells her 'Not today, maybe tomorrow'?"

Valentina looked carefully at the little girl. "Yeah, that's true!" She affirmed and returned to focus on her wife, "Honey..."

"Mmm?" Replied the brunette.

"You were leaving Kara at Lucas's and then you were going to the gym," that was what she had understood. "Not that it bothers me, quite the opposite actually, but what are you doing here?" The question caught Juliana's attention.

"Can you get the folder I left on the chair?" She asked softly as she sat in the armchair, Gabriela already half asleep in her arms.

"Is this your new contract?" She asked, glancing at the papers.

"Yes, but I haven't signed it yet," she confessed.

"And why not?" Valentina was shocked, the brunette had been offered a million-dollar contract to stay with the team for ten more years, she had discussed it with the blonde already and had decided to accept.

"Because the contract is the longest and most expensive deal they've ever proposed, they decided to include a clause that I think we need to talk about... it's on page six," she said.

The anxious blonde wasted no time and located the page. Juliana watched as Valentina's eyes moved reading from one side to the other. Finally, she raised her head and spoke. "Did you ask Cristina about this? Can they do this?" She had to get rid of any doubts.