Chapter 72. You lack, an 'I don't know what'

Two years later - Casa Valdés Carvajal

"Mom I don't think this is a good idea," Kara stood in the kitchen, talking to Valentina. "I love the idea of ​​a surprise party, but I think the costumes are too much," she added, opposing ​​her mother's idea. "Mommy Juls is not going to like this!" she warned.

Valentina rolled her eyes. "Come on, Kara... It's going to be fun," she said, rummaging through the items on the counter.

"This was Aunt Lolo's idea, right?" she asked. "She's been trying to get revenge on mommy for a while," she shook her head and looked at her mother suspiciously, the blonde was blushing. "I can't believe it... it was your idea!" she pointed at her.

"Nooooo," Valentina defended herself and grabbed her cup of coffee. "I just helped Lauren come up with it," she confessed.

"I knew it!" Kara hit the counter. "You want revenge too... It was an accident!" She defended her other mother.

"An accident or not, your mother and Camila deceived us both!" Valentina insisted.

Kara rolled her eyes. "And why don't you want revenge on Aunt Camz?" Inquired the kangaroo.

"Because Camz was pregnant, she didn't know what she was doing, she was mormonal and your mother coaxed her for her own benefit," she said calmly.

"But you know how mommy is, she couldn't help it," Kara pleaded her case. "You had denied mommy for a long time and she needed it!" The strength with which Kara defended Juliana was honourable.

"You defend her because you did the same thing to Lena... the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!" Valentina remembered Lena telling her the story of how Kara had tricked her into getting her own way.

"Mommy and I are two free souls trapped and imprisoned by hideous beings like you two!" said Kara laughing. Valentina laughed along with her daughter. "Also," Kara continued, "I warned Lena before we started living together that from time to time, I would need to do it. It's something I carry in my non-blood!" she said, referring to Juliana. "And if she insisted on denying me, I would have to find other ways to do it too," she added.

"Don't worry, I know, and I have already told Lena she needs to keep an eye on you," she informed her.

Kara rolled her eyes just as her Aunt Lauren walked into the kitchen. "What are you two talking about?" she asked.

"That you and mom are doing all this," she pointed to the table full of ridiculous items, "just to get revenge on mommy," Kara explained.

Lauren saw no need to lie, she spoke truthfully. "The sweetie shouldn't have manipulated my beautiful wife into taking the kids to the park to get muddy!" And the truth was out.

"And what do you want her to do if you won't let her go on her own?" Kara asked.

"Every time she goes, someone comes back muddy!" The Latina jumped in. "I could barely see my wife's face because of all the mud!" she protested.

"You're just jealous because you two are the only ones who haven't fallen into the lake!" Kara had hit the nail right on the head.

"Wise up!" Lauren dodged

"Don't talk rubbish," Valentina denied.

Kara made a mocking face; she knew she had hit a sore spot. "Even Tomy has already done it... well, he was inside Aunt Camz's belly but it still counts," both her mother and her aunt ignored her. "Although I understand... if I was the only one who hadn't participated in something so special, I would also feel jealous..." she wasn't going to stop until they confessed the true reason for their anger. "But I can't complain," she laughed, "I went first, do you remember?" she laughed again. "And I have also participated several more times... unlike you... who haven't even..."