Chapter 47. The concentration period

Corner where 21st Street meets Washington

"Valentina Carvajal, will you marry me?" The brunette opened the box revealing a beautiful diamond ring.

Valentina wanted to shout "YESSSS!!!" she wanted to leap over buildings, reach the clouds and scream "YES I WILL!" but the problem was, her voice did not come out. Juliana, her Juliana, the woman of her dreams, her beast, the person who taught her to love every day like it was the last, was on one knee, with a beautiful and expensive ring in her hand, proposing marriage and the only thing Valentina could do was absorb all the love from the brunette's gaze. She tried to answer, but there was simply no sound, suddenly she felt her body weaken and her legs began to fail.

Thankfully, an arm supported her. Juliana closed the box and held her by the waist. "Hey, I've got you. Relax, I'm not going to let you go," Valentina had a pale complexion but, the brunette noticed how her girlfriends colour seemed to drain even more. "Hey. It's ok, we'll kneel down together. Okay?" Juliana put both her knees on the carpet and held her girlfriend close as she slid to her knees. When the photographer felt safe, knowing Juliana was holding her, she stopped shaking. "Do you feel ill my love?" Juliana kissed her forehead.

"Yes," it came out as a whisper but she finally said it.

"God! CAN SOMEONE CALL AN AMB...?"

Valentina covered her mouth with her hand, "Yes, I want to marry you," the blonde was beginning to recover.

"What did you say? Are you okay, or are you delirious?" Juliana was still considering the possibility of the toxin.

Valentina laughed at her girlfriend's question. "YES, I WANT TO MARRY YOU!" She finally recovered her voice.

Juliana grabbed her face as they stared into each other's eyes. "I promise I will make you the happiest woman in the world," she said.

"I already am," Valentina smiled, "but I want my ring!"

Juliana opened the box again, removed the diamond ring and slid it gently on to her girlfriend's finger. "I love you," she added.

"That's good, because I love you even more," and the brunette sealed their proposal with a kiss. Although the applause, whistles and screams of their friends and acquaintances could still be heard, both women kissed to the rhythm of their hearts.

"Mommy wants to swallow Mami like a boa constructor," Kara commented, which was enough to separate her mothers.

"I have to stop letting her hang out with Nikki," the brunette commented as she helped her fiancée to stand up.

"Can we congratulate you already?" Camila had been struggling to hold back the urge to jump on her friends, she had been waiting to hug them for too long.

After hugging her friends, Valentina reached for the laptop Derek was holding, "Mom! Dad! I'M ENGAGED!" She shouted.

"We know darling," Leon spoke, "your mother has been crying since Juliana contacted us to ask for permission," the man said.

"Did she ask for your permission?" Valentina turned to look for Juliana just as her teammates had thrown her into the air before catching her again, almost like a human trampoline.

"She asked for my permission too," Kara commented.

"And us!" Camila was bouncing with excitement. "When she arrived at seven this morning, Lolo almost killed her, but when she told us what it was for, she started crying," she added.

"I DID NOT CRY!" The Latina defended herself. "It was an allergy from the hair of your monstrous cat, aka cow, that made my eyes water," she excused herself.