Chapter 83. One less cheerleader

Weeks Later - Cheerleading practice

"GOD! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP! I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE!" Scarlet whined as she dropped to the grass.

"Can someone explain to me why we thought this was a good idea? I don't think I can do another jump!" Anne dropped down next to her sister.

"I DON'T THINK I'LL BE ABLE TO MOVE EVER AGAIN. SERIOUSLY, CALL AN AMBULANCE OR SOMETHING. I'M GOING TO DIE HERE!" Maca joined her sisters while Andrea dropped down behind her, she didn't have the strength to complain.

"You have to do something!" said Anne.

"We need to think of a way to get rid of her... I KNOW!" Maca had an idea. "We can tell the principal that the coach is making us take steroids or something! Teachers are always freaked out by those things!" Her sisters rolled their eyes, Andy didn't have the strength to roll hers.

"We cannot accuse our own mother of giving us drugs, Macarena!" Anne covered her eyes with her hand, protecting them from the blaring sun as she defended her mother.

"We'll have to take extreme measures then," said Scarlet.

"Do you really think that's necessary?" asked her twin.

"There is no other way, Anne!"

"I agree," Maca supported. "We have to talk to Mommy Juls," she concluded, guessing her sister's intentions.

"Does anyone know where my sister is?" the duckling asked, finally catching her breath.

"We thought you knew," Scarlet answered. "We waited for her in the usual spot but she didn't show up. And because our new coach makes us run extra laps for every minute that we're late, we came without her," she explained.

"A-hem!" Someone cleared their throat behind the four bodies lying on the grass.

At the same time, all four girls turned and looked up to find Jules. The girl stood with her hands on her hips and gave them a stern look.

"The coach says your rest time is over and if you don't shift your butts, Aunt Lolo will be invited back to the next training session!" Informed the youngest member of the Valdés Carvajal family.

The girls jumped to their feet quickly, no one wanted to relive the worst training of their lives. Having Valentina and Lauren as tag team instructors should be banned.

"Julie... How long is this torture going to last?" They moaned.

Jules looked towards her mother as she scolded one of the cheerleaders. During training the girl hadn't been strong enough to lift her teammates, so Valentina was now detailing a gym routine for her.

"Soon, I hope," said the little wolf, annoyed by her mother's attitude. Being the assistant coach wasn't an easy task either. "Does anyone know where Gaby is? Mom is complaining because the captain is missing," Jules explained. The others shook their heads in denial, no one had seen Gaby.

"YOU FOUR!" Valentina called. "YOU HAVE FIVE ADDITIONAL LAPS TO DO BEFORE YOU REST!" Valentina had tired of waiting for her daughters and niece. "LET'S GO! I WANT TO SEE YOU ALL RUNNING BEFORE YOU HIT THE SHOWERS!" she ordered as she approached the wolf. "Did you find out anything about Gaby?" she asked worried.

"No, they don't know anything."

"Go count their laps," Valentina instructed as she went to find her cell phone. She was concerned about her niece; Gaby would usually warn her if she was going to miss training. Unlike the others, Gaby was allowed to be a few minutes late because she was taking advanced classes to get into law school, like her mother, but she was usually on time.