Chapter 1: Be Careful Where You Walk... or Run!

Washington - WNBA Draft

"And the Number one signing of 2019 for the New York Liberty team is... Juliana Valdés!" It was announced between screams of excitement in the room.

"I cannot believe it! They chose me, they chose me!" Juliana was in shock, she couldn't believe it, despite being the player of the moment, no one could deny it, but deep down she had doubted herself, a doubt that was quickly extinguished when she heard her name.

"JULIANA CONGRATULATIONS! YOU DID IT!" Cristina, her manager, ran towards her to hug her.

Six years had passed since Juliana had left New York for London to do what she loved most, play basketball. The sport had become her only refuge, the only constant in her life since the death of her parents. She graduated in the English capital and was quickly scouted by one of the best clubs in England, demonstrating her skill by winning tournaments and awards. And now after six years she was returning to the city that held so many of her memories and ghosts.

"Thanks, ooof!" She said between the tight arms of her manager. "Thanks, Cris. CRIS! Let go, you're suffocating me! I'm going to need these lungs to give this new team a championship, and from what I've seen of their previous season, they need it!" She laughed.

"Calm down rock star, they don't even know you in New York... yet! You will have to work your ass off, but you already know that..."

"Excuse me," she was interrupted by a blonde woman in her forties, dressed in a sports outfit with a rather serious expression on her face. "Juliana Valdes, I am Arizona Robbins, your new coach."

"Oh! Yes, I know who you are, this is Cristina, my manager..."

"I want you to know, I expect you on my court to begin training in one week. Despite the fact you have won a few small awards on other teams, that will not secure you a position on my team! You are going to have to work your ass off Valdés, I want that to be clear, VERY clear," she gave Juliana a stern look before turning to leave.

Juliana and her manager, who had frozen in place, turned to look at each other. "I told you Juliana, this is not going to be easy."

"I never thought it would be, plus I like a challenge!" She said with a wink. "Shall we go? Tonight, I'm CELEBRATING!"

"Okay but tell your 'friends' or whatever you want to call the girls you usually spend the night with, not to 'CELEBRATE' too much! We leave for New York very early tomorrow morning. And don't give me that smile. You know what I'm talking about!"

"Yes 'MOM!' I promise I'll behave with my 'friends'!" Replied the basketball player laughing and hugging her manager.

New York - Valentina's Apartment

"DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE MY WHITE DIOR SHIRT IS?" Shouted the sexy blonde from her bedroom.

"What is wrong with this idiot now?" Lauren asked Camila. They were both sitting on the sofa in the living room watching the whirlwind that is Valentina Carvajal. She had been yelling at them for more than two hours and cursing anything that came to mind.