Chapter 7: Juliana this is Kara and this is Hippo.

Juliana Valdés was on her knees in front of Kara, both looking at each other in fascination

Juliana Valdés was on her knees in front of Kara, both looking at each other in fascination. Without saying a word, each inspecting the other.

"Hello!" It was the brunette who broke the ice. "I'm Juliana and you are?" The brunette extended her hand to the girl.

"Hello," Kara replied, grabbing the woman's hand. "My name is Kara and his name is Hippo," the girl said pointing to her stuffed animal.

"Nice to meet you Hippo. What a great name!" The brunette let go of the little girl's hand to hold one of the hippo's legs and shook it excitedly.

Valentina and Lauren were admiring the scene from behind.

"You are the most beautiful girl I have ever met." Juliana said to Kara making the little girl blush. "And you..." now she was talking to Hippo, "you are the most beautiful Hippopotamus I have ever seen, you are plump eh?" She poked the hippo's belly.

This last comment drew a smile on the faces of the two adults and made the little girl giggle softly.

"Everyone says I am the double of my mother." Those words made the basketball player laugh.

"Hmm, I think you are more beautiful than your mother, and do you know why?" Juliana approached the girl's ear as if she had a secret to tell her. "Because your laugh is capable of touching millions of souls."

Kara looked at her and asked. "Souls? What's a soul?"

"The soul is what we have in here." Juliana touched the girl's chest. "It makes us feel alive, it makes us feel happy and full. Many people say that laughter is the sound of the soul," added the brunette.

"Huh." Kara replied. She thought for a second. "Does Hippo have a soul?" She asked curiously, shaking the hippo.

"Well, let me see." Kara gave her the stuffed animal, which amazed her mother and aunt, the girl never let anyone touch her favourite toy.

Juliana rested her ear on Hippo's belly.

"Hmm... yeah, yeah, listen, I can hear it!" She encouraged Kara to place her ear on the hippo's belly too. "Do you heat it?" She asked the girl.

"YESSS!" She answered enthusiastically. She grabbed Hippo and brought him to her mother and aunt so they could listen too. After each one agreed, Kara returned to Juliana, who had not stopped following her around with her eyes.

"Do you want to eat with me?" Kara asked quickly.

After this question, Valentina reacted quickly and hastened to say. "Kara, I don't think..." but she was interrupted by the brunette.

"I would love to!" Without waiting for an invitation from Valentina, she took the girl's hand and followed her into the house towards the table.

Juliana chose a chair and sat down. Kara thought about her next move, she looked at the other chairs, sat Hippo in the chair next to Juliana and decided to climb up on top of the brunette.