Chapter 37: The treasure map

Half an hour. According to her watch, Juliana had spent exactly half an hour in front of the gate waiting... Well, frozen really. She had only frozen when she saw the 'V' that adorned the gate 'Don't you think it's too ostentatious?' Her father had asked her mother after she decided to ​​place the letter to mark the midpoint of the black gate. And just a glance from his wife was enough, the following week we had a new front gate with the long-awaited 'V' in the middle.

That was the same effect that Valentina had on her, was Juliana's first thought. With a single look from her girlfriend, like her mother, she always got what she wanted, 'And the worst part, is that she knows it!' her father murmured late one night as he was getting ready to go out, once again at the whim of his wife. 'One day you will find a woman for whom you are able to get up at dawn to go to the nearest bakery, in your slippers, just to be the first in line for homemade bread and thus return home and make her favourite toast... When that day comes daughter, you will be in trouble... Do you know why?... because you will have fallen in love!'

"I have been in trouble for a long time!" The brunette said to herself remembering the words of her father. "Well... Here I go, God and Jordan help me!" Juliana rang the bell and waited a while, trusting that either Jack or Marge had explained to her friends which button to press. "Apparently not!" She concluded after spending a few minutes waiting. She took her cell phone out of her pocket to call her girlfriend. The blonde did not take long to answer.

"Hello, my Queen, I'm at the gate," she announced. "To open it you have to press the first button," she explained. After a while she heard the buzz and the gate unlock, she pushed hard. "No, no," she denied the blonde's help, "I'll walk," in fact, she had already started walking up the driveway. "I would never dare make you wait," she said laughing. "See you soon!" She cut the call. "Ugh... come on Juliana, your daughter and your girlfriend are waiting for you," she kept walking.

It was amazing how Mr. and Mrs. Wilson had kept everything just as their parents liked it. The pine trees that her father had planted on each side of the driveway when she was five years old were now huge. The rose bushes that her mother cared for, almost like another child, remained intact. 'Juliana Valdés, if you cut another one of my roses to give it to one of your girlfriends again, I will take care of telling each of them where all your secret meeting places are myself!'

The brunette never believed her mother was capable of doing that to her, but she still remembers the day she was caught. She was in the garage having her daytime petting session with one of them, Jenny, Denny, Penny, or whatever, when a few other girls entered and demanded an explanation. Every summer her parents brought it up and joked about the red hand marks that had marked her face. 'Don't say you weren't warned!' her mother had said at that moment. And how right she was.

There was no doubt, the place was full of memories, Juliana had spent the best days of her life here. Would she be able to create new stories and new memories? She raised her head towards the end of the driveway to find her girlfriend and daughter hand in hand waiting for her with Puppy lying next to them. And the question answered itself.

"MOMMY!" The little girl ran to meet her mother, of course the puppy followed her. And on impulse the girl jumped on her mother, managing to knock Juliana to the ground.

"Oh my God! What a powerful jump you hit me with kangaroo!" She said from the ground.

"I MISSED YOU A LOT!" Kara knew that a little extra affection would help ease the trouble she was in over the damaged quad.

"Me too, Pooh Bear..." She couldn't finish speaking because the puppy was also on top of her licking her face.

"It seems that Puppy also missed you!" Observed her daughter.