Chapter 14: I'm coming for you!

BEEEEEEEEPPPPP!

"Uh... Wait... Wait a minute, Kara!" Valentina tried to park her car on the side of the busy street, this type of question should be prohibited when driving, like using a cell phone or driving drunk.

Valentina took a deep breath.

"Now Kara. You cannot just decide who you would like as your mother." The blonde wasn't sure of the words that were coming out of her mouth.

"But..." Kara interrupted.

"No, wait, let me talk. Being a mother implies many things, not just having fun like you have with Juliana. I understand that you get along really well, that's why you are friends." Valentina explained.

"But mommy... do you love me?" Asked the girl.

"Yes of course, but..."

"Well, Juliana loves me too... do you take care of me?" The oldest nodded, "See. Juliana does too!"

"Kara, darling, I know you have become very fond of her, but you can't ask her that. Someday she will have her own family, her own children." Valentina felt a knot in her stomach just imagining the brunette with another woman...

"Well, they will be my brothers and sisters then," the girl's logic was correct.

"I'm sorry little one, but you can't ask Juliana that, it's not appropriate." Valentina concluded, starting the car and glancing at her daughter as she rested her head against the window pouting.

Valentina's apartment

As soon as they entered the house, Kara sprinted to her room as if she were preparing for the Olympics. She didn't even stop to greet her aunts. She entered her room and slammed the door.

"Wow, that face can't mean anything good!" Lauren said, who had watched the little girl all the way to her room, "What happened V? Did she flirt with a waitress again? At the rate this girl is going, she'll have more conquests than Leo Di Caprio! And why do you have that face? Speak Valentina, you are worrying me!" The lawyer began to get serious when she saw the expression on her friends face.

"You will not believe what my daughter just asked me!" Valentina said.

"Don't tell me she wants to know about sex already! Oh my God! But it hurts, she's only a baby. Camz you have to look for the book I gave you when you thought babies came from storks!" Lauren was clutching her head.

"Lolo. Let Valentina speak." Camila kindly asked, "What happened Valen?"

~~~~~~~

When Valentina had revealed the 'heart-breaking' moment she had experienced with her daughter in the car, the other two were taking a minute to process all the information.

"Didn't you say anything else?" The Latina asked.

"What else could I say Lern? She has to understand that you can't ask something like that, it's..." Valentina was interrupted by a knock on the door. "GOD! All I need now is for Sara to tell me about her photo session, she will fry my brain!" Valentina clutched her head while Lauren opened the door.

"Did I come at a bad time?" It wasn't Sara, but someone much nicer.

"Please Valdés how many times do I have to tell you to stop wearing those shorts? Or at least warn me before you show up, you're going to give me a heart attack!" Lauren said while entering the room with the athlete.

"Hi Juls. I love those shorts!" Camila said.

"Haha, you two are a very special couple, you know that, right? And I'm sorry, I have training, but I wanted to see Kara..." Juliana laughed before her gaze landed on Valentina. "You okay? Did I come at a bad time? Because if so..." Juliana couldn't finish the question because at that very moment a little girl jumped into her arms. "Heeyyyy kangaroo! What a nice reception... Hey... are you crying?" Crying was an understatement, the girl was using Juliana as a tissue, her tears were huge.