Chapter 18: Sir, Yes sir!

Valentina hurried to catch up with the brunette, "Come here you idiot!" She said affectionately while grabbing her arm to bring her closer to her, "I only kiss brunette basketball players with huge egos!" The blonde played.

"I'm a brunette!" Juliana said and Valentina nodded.

"I also play basketball," stated the brunette.

"And they say you play very well," added the photographer making the other girl smile.

"Hmmm... but I lack the ego, ah well, I suppose it must be someone else!" Juliana shrugged. "See you later then," she tried to leave, but the first step she tried to take, Valentina wrapped her arms around her again.

They looked at each other, smiled and kissed. Unlike the previous kisses, this one was not initiated by one, it was synchronized, mutual, it was... it was perfect!

Arriving at Valentina's apartment

Juliana and Valentina walked hand in hand down the corridor that brought them to the blonde's apartment.

"Is it wrong that we haven't said goodbye yet, but I'm already missing you?" The brunette asked her companion.

"Will you not come in?" Asked Valentina in a disappointed tone, bowing her head.

"Valentina... look at me please," the blonde raised her eyes. "You know what will happen if I go in, right?" Juliana asked taking for granted the answer of her soon to be girlfriend.

"I know..." she said, "but tonight was very short and tomorrow you leave for Indiana and... and I don't want you to go! Can I not tie you to the leg of my bed?" Joked the blonde.

"Hmm, that depends... if I throw myself to the ground and roll on my back, will you scratch my belly?" Juliana continued with the dog metaphor. She raised her hands, stuck out her tongue and mimicked a panting dog.

"Of course I will. And if you look at me with your big brown puppy eyes, I'll scratch you behind your ear!" Valentina raised her hand and scratched the brunette behind the ear, making the other woman laugh. "Thank you... thank you for tonight." Valentina ended the game while looking the brunette in the eyes. "Thank you for everything actually," she caressed the tattooed arm that had now become an obsession of the blonde.

"If anyone should give thanks, it's me. Thank you for agreeing to go out with me." Juliana took the other girl's hand and kissed her. "Valentina... you... I..."

"Hey!" The blonde reassured Juliana, "I'm here, okay? Tell me."

Juliana sighed. "Can we have breakfast together tomorrow? You, me and Kara? I don't want to pressure you or anything, but I'm leaving for a few days and I wanted to see Kara before I leave and..."

"Juls, Juls, stop," she put a finger on her lips. "Of course you can. Plus, your daughter would love to see you before you go," she said imagining the girl's face.

"And you?" Asked the brunette, "Would you like to see me again before I go?" She completed the question while approaching the photographer, pressing her gently against the door.

"Hmm, I don't know..." Valentina made a doubtful face, "maybe you should give me a reason to miss you!" She provoked.

"You know it's dangerous to play with me, right?" Juliana whispered inches from her face.

"Danger? A Carvajal does not know the meaning of that word!" Valentina said with an air of arrogance.

"Well, maybe it's time for a Valdés to teach you!" Juliana told her while she bit the blonde's lower lip, watching Valentina's reaction. She put her hands on her waist and pressed her even harder to the door to kiss her again.