Chapter 10: Someone like You

Valentina's Apartment – Very early on Sunday

Valentina, Lauren, Camila and Kara were sitting at the breakfast table waiting for the brunette. The dancer and the little girl were talking about what they wanted to do at the zoo, what animals they were going to see, etc. Lauren held her head in her hands watching Valentina as she bounced her knee anxiously while staring at the clock on the wall.

"Anyone would think that you were nervous Carvajal!" Said the Latina who had decided to start provoking her friend early. She was going to make her pay for the early Sunday wake up.

"Oh what's wrong, did the idiot wake up grumpy today?" Valentina was putting on a baby voice. The blonde was in a very good mood this morning.

Lauren was about to answer when the door was heard...

"I'll go!" The Carvajal's yelled in unison and took off towards the door. When they opened the door, they found Juliana carrying many beverages.

"Hello!" The brunette greeted her favourite blondes. "Can you help me with this?" She asked the older blonde.

"My God Juliana, how many coffees did you buy?" Asked Valentina. There must have been at least eight different drinks.

"The white glass is chocolate milk for Kara and the others are all the different types of coffee they sold in the café. I didn't know which one you preferred," explained Juliana, blushing.

"Valdes, for this..." Lauren said grabbing the black coffee, "and only for this, I forgive you for the zoo idea!"

Camila gave her a big hug and grabbed the cappuccino. "Thanks Juli. And I loved your idea!"

"I'll take the latte." Valentina shyly approached Juliana and took the drink from her hands. "Hi," she said and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Juliana stared at her. "Well, are we going?" The blonde asked as she walked towards the door moving her hips exaggeratedly, feeling the brunette's gaze fixed on her.

"Lolo, I think there is something wrong with her." Camila said to her girlfriend while she waved her hand in front of Juliana's face and got no response.

"Give her a moment to recover Camzi Camz, she fell into the trap of Carvajal's butt," this comment made Juliana react, she shook her head quickly and went out the door in search of the mother and daughter.

At the zoo

"Damn! My feet are killing me!" Lauren complained as she sat on a bench in front of the monkeys.

"Who comes to the zoo, for a three-hour walk, in Channel boots?" The blonde questioned when she heard her friend complaining, again.

"Be careful what you say about my babies Carvajal! They were $1500! For that money I would wear them to climb Mount Everest. Also, do not insult them, they can hear you and they'll be offended!" Lauren said caressing one of her boots. "Wait a minute, three hours? We have to walk for three fucking hours watching filthy animals mate with each other... Lord help me!"

"Stop the drama grumpy, why don't you learn from your fiancée?" She pointed to Camila who was with Kara and Juliana throwing peanuts to the monkeys.

"Lolo, Valen... Let's feed the birds now." Camila announced.

"Okay, let's go darling," she signalled to her fiancée and then addressed Valentina. "The next time your girlfriend comes up with another idea like this, I'm going to kick your butt so hard that it will be redder than those of the monkeys Carvajal!" With that said, she ran to her girlfriend.

"She's not my girlfriend!" Valentina corrected her in vain because the Latina didn't hear her. The bird cage was not exactly small, rather it was a huge aviary where the birds could fly freely. It was full of branches and ropes that were intertwined with each other. Juliana approached the blonde.