Unlucky

"Rosinante, we should resume our duties." After placing you on the small uncomfortable bed, the vehicle stayed parked as there was absolute no need to take you to a hospital. They were just there to revise your state.

"What happened to the robber?" Asked Rosinante. He did not want to leave your side before you woke up, so he tried to change the subject. He simply wanted a chance to speak to you consciously, and he didn't plan on leaving before he could. Besides, your head had been hurt pretty badly, and he was genuinely worried for you. Just as an officer would be for any civilian. Well, maybe a little more.

"I left him in the loss preventionist's office." He replied. "We're done, Rosinante. Let's take him back to the precinct and get out of here."

Looking at you nervously, Rosinante knew better than to contradict his partner. He was a stern and serious officer and, if he were to tell him he wanted to stay by your side, Vergo would for sure accuse him to the precinct captain of not fulfilling his duties properly.

"Alright." He muttered sourly, breathing in and letting go of the idea of staying by your side.

Besides, he knew he was being crazy. Although in reality he felt emotionally and physically drawn to you, he was still technically doing all of this just because he thought you were pretty. Your eyes, lips, your voice, even your shyness. It all drew him into you like a moth to a light, but it wasn't justified. He didn't know you.

"W-wait! You're leaving?" Asked Nami, getting up from the chair beside you and holding the blonde officer's shoulder.

Staring at her in confusion, he nodded.

"It's just- I'm sure (Y/N) would like to thank you!" That wasn't true. She just wanted him to stay so that the two of you could at least trade numbers. Still, she tried to imply with her tone what she was talking about. You were interested in him and, having seen how the man interacted with your weakened form had confirmed her suspicions. He was definitely into you.

Rosinante, on the other hand, saw the perfect excuse to give you his number, and he took the chance with a big smile.

"If that's so, maybe she can have my num-"

"Rosinante. Stop flirting and get back to work." Grumbled Vergo angrily.

At least he tried.

Nami had to stifle a laugh seeing how embarrassed the officer got, a red hue adorning his face up to his ears. Excusing himself, Rosinante took off and headed back to work, leaving behind his second, and hopefully not final, chance at establishing a relationship with you.

Sighing, Nami sat back down and took your hand in hers. You looked better, the blood having been cleaned up and your eyes once again able to focus on objects.

"Did this really happen?" You asked Nami in disbelief, staring at a little cup of water that had been put in your hands.

Chuckling, Nami nodded.

"Yeah."

"He was here!" You said, taking in a deep breath. "He was going to give me his number!" You squealed, hating that ugly man's guts. He had interrupted the blonde beauty from giving you his number. "This was the chance!"