The Blood Bath - Part 2

"I-I mean-" Said Sengoku, nervously trying to hold up some sort of strength in front of your parents as they crumbled his otherwise strong and passionate energy.

"Police's image has been ruined and reduced to nothing." Your parents said. "You should've done a better job taking care of it as an organization. If it holds such a weak and hated facade then what's left for us citizens to believe in?" They grumbled, practically blaming Sengoku for the poor image of the institution.

"It's really hard to control when the news-"

"Dinner is served~" Rosinante interrupted happily, not wanting a political debate to come afloat in his first time meeting your parents. He placed the fuming plates respectfully in front of your parents as you placed the remaining three.

"Lunch." Corrected your father.

You stared at your father with doubt.

"Lunch is served." He said grumpily, staring at the food in front of him with curiosity.

Couldn't hold that one in? Seriously?!

"Ah- right! Lunch is served!" Smiled Rosinante, the blonde now sitting down in his respective seat and desperately trying to avoid any eye contact with your uneasily serious parents.

After a couple of seconds of silence, a much appreciated pause that you, and surely your guests, needed from the uncomfortable energies your parents had created, your mother decided to talk again. This time though, the conversation was meant for you and it was rudely shoved right under Rosinante's nose.

"Oh by the way," Started your mother, setting her fork down and staring at you with sharp eyes. "I saw Zoro the other day." She smiled cynically.

Rosinante tensed up the moment he heard that name, eyes fixated on his plate as he waited to hear what you'd say and how you'd react to this comment.

You frowned, knowing exactly what this new conversation was going to be about.

Given that you no longer lived in your parents' home, it had been a while since they had touched this topic with you. You had guessed they were over it, but, apparently, your mother wasn't yet over the fact that you weren't dating your original best friend, the man she wanted oh so much as the father of her grandchildren.

Yes. She had thought that far.

"Could we not do this?" You asked with an annoyed huff, a big mistake from your side.

Rosinante's head slowly turned to look at you, almost cautiously, his father too busy scarfing down the homemade meal to as much as understand how tense the air had gotten in the blink of an eye.

Do what? He wondered, a wave of unjustified jealousy invading his chest.

"He's always been such a handsome gentleman." She continued, taking a sip of the wine glass that stood in front of her. "It's a shame you never took my advice and decided to date this man instead." She sighed, staring at your boyfriend form the corner of her eyes and then going back to eating her food.

You pursed your lips, a bad feeling spreading from your gut to the rest of your body. She was being a complete bitch to Rosinante, and she had been rude to both you and your boyfriend's family since the moment she had arrived.

Slipping a hand under the table, you gently pressed it the top of Rosinante's leg and squeezed him softly, trying to show him that everything was alright. You loved him.

Sengoku was still happily eating his food, the older police officer, apparently, completely oblivious to his surroundings and to how his son's image had been stepped on.