21st Birthday

Almost a week had passed ever since you last saw Rosinante. After the break-in, he was sent by his captain to continue the search for the last escapee. Last thing you had heard from the news was that they had caught them all and that there had been two officers injured in the procedure, but they gave out no names.

During the week, you had tried to search for him as you roamed around the city. Going to the mall, taking a walk, even shopping around the precinct in which he worked at, but nothing. You hadn't even met him once. Maybe the fact that you were so desperately trying to find him made it harder for you to meet, but you didn't care at this point. It seemed like your meet ups lasted only for the past weekend.

"There you go~" Smiled Nami, twirling you around in front of your mirror. "Such a gorgeous twenty one year old!" She said sweetly, squishing your cheeks in between her hands.

Today, you finally turned 21. Stupidly enough, instead of being overly happy and excited for your new rights as a citizen, you felt a little gloomy. The fact that you were turning twenty one meant that, in case Rosinante was ever again assigned a nighttime shift, you wouldn't really get the chance to interact with him as you'd now be completely legal.

Stupid legal age.

Nami, on the other hand, was still twenty. Maybe if you'd expose her to the cute officer you'd have to bail her out, hence giving you a chance to interact with the man and get his number while Nami stayed behind bars for the night, but you knew better than that, and Nami was definitely not willing to go to that extent for your platonic love.

Sighing, you looked at your body, still with a gloomy frown.

"Oh come on! What's wrong? You look perfect!"

"I'm twenty one." You sighed sadly.

"Well, yeah, but don't worry about being old. Think of it this way, you've still got a couple of years before 25!" She tried to cheer you up, pushing you playfully out of the mirror frame so that she could check herself out.

You sighed.

"I'm not old." You mumbled.

As it was tradition, you were going out for the night to celebrate with your friends, so Nami and Robin came over to get ready and fixed up. You were later going to head over to an expensive club where you'd meet with the rest of the group. It was supposed to be a fun drunk night, but you couldn't stop thinking about how you hadn't seen Rosinante at all, and it was ruining your mood.

Although your constant encounters had occurred in a span of no more than a day, you found yourself getting completely used to his surprise company. It didn't help that you kept expecting him to pop up from anywhere, but the moment never came.

"Stop thinking about him." Grumbled Nami, tired of your dramatically saddened state. "If you want him so much I'll go myself into that freaking precinct and get you his number." She joked, looking at Robin and laughing with her.

"Really?!" You asked hopefully, grabbing her hands in yours and staring at her with a blinding twinkle in your eyes.

"Oh god." Was all Nami said, patting your head and shaking her head. "ENOUGH! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE FUN TONIGHT! UNDERSTOOD?" She shouted at you as if you were a soldier, making your body straighten up and face contort into one of seriousness. She grabbed your cheeks and pinched them as an attempt to bring your dreamy mind back to reality. You were beginning to act crazy just because of this crush and it wasn't normal of you.

"Y-yes!" You replied, rubbing your reddened cheeks as you looked straight ahead, still too embarrassed to look at your friend.

Chuckling, Robin simply stared at the two of you from the foot of your bed with a warm smile.