A New Truth

You remained standing in each other's arms for god knows how long. Neither of you checked the time nor had a chronometer in hand, but there had surely passed enough minutes for the tests to get a solid result. Still, nobody dared to say a word.

Moments like this were enough to reassure you how solidly built your trust and love with your partner were formed. You felt cared and protected in his arms whilst he felt loved and comforted. Because of this, the words previously said by the blonde were repeating themselves inside both your heads. What mattered the most was that, whichever the outcome was, you were going to be there for each other.

"I think it's time." You finally said, letting go of your boyfriend and looking at him with glossy eyes. "I-I can't look."

"I will. It's ok." He nodded reassuringly as he grabbed your cheeks sweetly.

From the outside, the situation would seem ridiculous. How could two people, who had met each other no longer than seven months ago, be so invested in the hope to be pregnant? A hope they had only realized existed hours ago. It seemed ridiculous, but love renders people hopeful, extreme and sentimental. This love made you crave. Crave, not necessarily for more, but crave for a forever. It made you want consolidation.

This love was so big and endless that it did not see time. Two years or two weeks, this love didn't care as long as it's consolidation came.

"Alright." You said, your voice wobbly with nerves as you moved away to let him go over to the vanity and check on the results. "W-what does it say?" You asked, your back facing your boyfriend's face, body stiff.

"It's..." He mumbled hesitantly, amber eyes staring at you cautiously. "It's negative."

Your heart dropped out of your chest, the world and your organs freezing in time as you heard the reality.

Negative.

"What?" You whispered in disbelief, quickly turning around and looking into your boyfriend's face only to find a shocked and scared expression. Still, his eyes stared into yours with strength, continuing to analyze your reaction. "I- it's negative..." You said out of breath as you felt tears brimming in the corner of your eyes and your body tighten with disappointment and disbelief. "Well there you go. Really? All three of them?" You croaked pitifully, your hand covering your mouth as you felt your body break down in inevitable pain and sadness.

Rosinante nodded.

Negative.

"(Y/N)..." He called, a small smile involuntarily making its way on his lips as he watched how affected you were by the news, but you didn't see him. There were tears blurring your eyesight and you were fighting against your sadness to catch your breath.

This had been a risky game, but he was glad he played it.

"I'm sorry I got our hopes up." You sobbed, cleaning your tears away with your bare fingers, but more kept coming. "I can't believe I let myself become so attached when it never even was-"

Rosinante interrupted you as he quickly enveloped your form, your face squished against his shirt and your tears staining his clothes. You hugged him back, sniffling softly as his warmth and scent helped calm you down.

"Honey, it's positive." He blurted out, grabbing your face and pushing it a couple of centimeters back so that he could stare directly into your eyes.

"What?" You whispered in absolute disbelief.

This had been a rollercoaster of emotions.