Night

Thirty minutes after leaving Rosinante's side to get back to your friends, the club began to fill up. People were already dancing, many others were laying drunk on the couches, and you and your friends were boozed up and all ready to go out on the dance floor and find your catches of the night.

Although I found mine a week ago~

You smiled to yourself as you imagined yourself dancing with Rosinante. Bodies glued together as you moved your hips to the beat of the music, grinding yourself against the man, playing with him with wondering hands, finally leading him to the brink of desperation. Then, he'd grab your body and pull you flush against him, claiming your lips in a dominant kiss that would drive you crazy and lead you to the following step of the night.

Yes please.

"Ew. (Y/N) has got Sanji's pervert face." Said Nami with a grossed out look.

"Huh?" You snapped out of your fantasy, realizing you were still sat down at the table with your friends, not in the arms of a sexy policeman.

Damnit.

"What the hell were you thinking about?" Asked Usopp with a small smirk.

Pervert. Well, I'm the pervert, but still.

"N-nothing." You said defensively with a blush.

"She was thinking about me, of course." Replied Sanji with the cockiest and stupidest grin.

"Just let her be, it's her birthday. Don't be mean." Robin jumped in, defending your, at the moment, very poor pride. They caught you almost having a Sanji-like nosebleed, there was no recovering from that.

You nodded shyly, not having anything to add to her statement that would help your situation, and drank the last sip of your drink.

"Girls, let's go dance." You said, tugging on Nami's shirt.

"Right." Sighed Nami. She didn't love dancing as much as you did, but, today, she simply had to. "Let's go."

You almost squealed in delight, preparing yourself to be sexy and seduce Rosinante. You knew you were a great dancer. Men whom which you had danced and gone out with had told you that multiple times, and your dancing skills together with your looks would always get you more than a couple of men drooling after you inside clubs, but, this time, you didn't want any of that. This was just like at high school parties, you had a target in mind and you would, hopefully, dance your way into his pants.

But things didn't turn out the way you had expected.

Five whole songs had already passed and the blonde man still hadn't come anywhere near you. You had been watching him from the corner of your eyes, every once in a while peeking in his direction, but he never moved from his seat. He was watching you, though, and in an almost hypnotized way, so it was half a win.

At some point, Franky had come to dance with Robin and Usopp had even found Kaya. Each of your friends slowly finding a partner for the night, but Rosinante still couldn't lift his butt. It's not that he didn't want to. He simply couldn't gather up the courage to go look for you. He was a clumsy man and he knew him dancing wasn't the way to make you fall for him, but he still didn't want to break your expectations.

At first, and after seeing you waltz so elegantly over to the dance floor, Rosinante chose to pace himself and wait a couple of songs so that he could then snatch you away from your friends guilt free, being that he would have given you enough time to spend with them and neither they nor you would complain about him isolating you from your friends on your birthday.